Magazine style shots

That guys an idiot!

I've actually just finished a huge Car Of The Year shoot for a mag in N Wales. Once the mag is out I'll write a blog and post a link, hopefully to include some behind the scenes stuff etc.

Here's a couple of blog entries from the editor:

http://biSPAM/rtoty2
http://biSPAM/rtoty3

That would be superb - some amazing shots there, talk about set the bar!

Thanks guys -this has been invaluable.

Well those are studio shots.
Evo being part of Haymarket have a huge studio setup at Teddington Lock. You can get a chance to learn and play in it if you keep an eye on this thread.
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...8292&mid=60570&nmt=PH Studio Shoot....Updated

It's well worth the money and a great day out. It really is a huge studio with infinity wall.
123911833.jpg

That looks like some fun! The OH would love a day like that as a oressie.

Best I get in Pistonheads!

Zoe

Deanphoto - some utterly amazing shots, I wish you run some sort of day course, but I guess your a busy man and well enough paid from the work. If you ever had free days though I'd imagine a small group would be happy to pay £100 etc and come meet you for a days advice/tips etc. £500-800 cash in hand day!? Just an idea.

Great work.

Deanphoto - some utterly amazing shots, I wish you run some sort of day course, but I guess your a busy man and well enough paid from the work. If you ever had free days though I'd imagine a small group would be happy to pay £100 etc and come meet you for a days advice/tips etc. £500-800 cash in hand day!? Just an idea.

Great work.

Thank you.

I've been asked a few times before but I don't feel that I'm at a high enough level to go teaching other people at the mo. Maybe in a couple of years I'll start thinking about doing something like this once I have more experience.

Thanks,

Dean :)

I would dis-agree, ok not saying I like every single shot on the site but the majority are outstanding.

Even if you charged a bit less Im sure there would be PLENTY of takers for some sort of active learning day, I guess its hard to appreciate your own work sometimes but I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking your work is of great quality.

On another suject, I've booked up for the studio day, looks very interesting - shame the next date was Nov 28th but hey. Be great if I can use my own wheels, I guess it depends what the other people turn up in as to what gets chosen.

Also sorting a practice day with friends for car-to-car shooting, with a car and a bike or two.

Thanks all for input.

Shabba,

This might interest you. I've no affiliation to the flash centre or Neill but I have met him before and he's a throughly nice chap:

http://www.theflashcentre.com/shooting-supercars-i6249.html

Seems ridiculously expensive to me, I can't believe people would pay that sort of money? I mean you can hire the ton of top gear for £200, a supercar for £300-600 (and get to drive it!), ok I know the expert is there but seems insane that they are charging the day out at £1750 x 15 places, £26,250!? Unless the £1750 is for 15 people!?

Seems ridiculously expensive to me, I can't believe people would pay that sort of money? I mean you can hire the ton of top gear for £200, a supercar for £300-600 (and get to drive it!), ok I know the expert is there but seems insane that they are charging the day out at £1750 x 15 places, £26,250!? Unless the £1750 is for 15 people!?

Errr, it's £175.00

Sorry Im a total dunce, busy day, I;m sure in my mind it said £1750, I'm sure I even double checked! ***! sorry.

Best I don't tell you then that it's £408 fully comp, 7K miles a year and trackday insurance for me.

I pay about £280 for a boring family car, mind you even less for the 1200 motorbike.

You just have to work your way up, plus it's good to show you've had a lesser performance car before a TVR. It makes the insurance companies happier.

The other thing to ask is if they give discounts for any additional driver training.

Aye, totally. I have an RX8 at the mo, so that's plenty to be getting on with. I'm on 22. :LOL:

Certainly in my experience with biker insurers you get very little money off for additional training.

shabba, no worries, any time :D apologies for my slightly sporadic posting :LOL:

loving the TVR further up the thread!

publication date for my mag is 14th september, eeee :D

shabba, no worries, any time :D apologies for my slightly sporadic posting :LOL:

loving the TVR further up the thread!

publication date for my mag is 14th september, eeee :D

make sure u post links ;)

I've never been to a TP meet since I've only been on here approx a week. Where abouts in Col are you?

hehe, i've been a member for about a year but have only been back about a week! i'm between north station and the hospital, you? maybe we should organise an essex meet :)

sounds like a plan :)
and you're not far from me either :)

I'm totally in on the meet, keep me updated on that - I'm in Braintree so not far, but weekends are the only option for me really due to work.

Wouldn't mind getting some nice snaps of my car at somepoint, moving ones etc too, its only a little Z4 but it has some nice angles to it. Just need to find good location for statics.

This is prob my best effort to date, its a tad too soft though.

Also someone drove past just after and soaked the whole car inc interior with muddy water, could have killed them.

2340391-72c9dc7334efb4b8.jpg

Abberton reservoir is a good place for car pics mate :)

Oh ok, cool - I assume its got an area where you can drive up and park near the water or something? I will have to check it out.

Shabba,

This might interest you. I've no affiliation to the flash centre or Neill but I have met him before and he's a throughly nice chap:

http://www.theflashcentre.com/shooting-supercars-i6249.html

Neill is indeed a top chap and a superb photographer.

I'm providing the cars for the event.

Through my work I do quite a lot of photoshoots, quite rare to use a rig, we do a lot of car to car work, mostly at slow speeds, then some panning shots, then some statics.

As an aside we were once doing a shoot with a Porsche 959 and a Ferrari 288GTO. The 288GTO broke down on the way (bloody Ferraris!) and we ended up doing some rig shots pushing it up and down the road at 5-10mph, the bus load of tourists who passed by looked very puzzled :nuts:

haha great story!

959 + 288 GTO = mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice!

I've been lucky enough to ride in a F40, very nice indeed.

Byker - are you the guy with the Red Cerbera at the Octane photoshoot at Bruntingthorpe? I'm the chap who came with the old silver Griffith...

...and the shoot is now in this months Octane Magazine, so I'll get around to putting some pics up from the day

Back