magazines

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I am thinking of subscribing to Digital SLR photography magazines - they seem to have a lot in there for beginners. They have 2 offers - one 12 issues for price of 10 or a Cokin sunset filter kit. At the moment I only have the kit the Nikon D40 came with so not sure if these particular filters will be much use to me yet especially as i have a long way to go before doing any fancy stuff!!

Are they any good and would you recommend them? Also is the filter a better offer? The mag states they are worth £42?

Thanks!

DSLR User has an offer at the moment of a free Crumpler Pretty Boy XL bag when you subscribe. £39.99 for 12 issues and you get a £40.99 bag free.

Personally I think the filters are a waste of time there are only 3 types of filter worth getting.

Polariser
ND Grad
ND Filter

and nothing in the Cokin range (they don't do ND grads, just Grey filters that cause colour casts, and they are french :razz:)

Photo Plus (the canon one) has an offer on giving you a free Arctic Butterfly Sensor brush thingy.

Infact, I'd best post this in Bargains hadnt I :p

and nothing in the Cokin range (they don't do ND grads, just Grey filters that cause colour casts, and they are french :razz:)

Now this puzzles me - as I've used Cokin for a number of years and not ever had a problem with colour casts - unless I'm using a tabacco filter! :p

And :plus1: for the Photo Plus mag, I've 2/3's of the way through a 3 months for £3 trial. And I've decided I'm going to do a full subscription and get one of artic butterfly thingy's :)

Oh and I'd recommend Practical Photographer too - that mag is quite good too! :) And has a sub offer of a Lowepro Mini Trekker AW on an 18 month Subscription :)

Matt

I've just gone for the Practical Photography subs (I buy it almost every month, anyway.) I think the £18 subs works out dearer than buying the mag itself (not including any future price hikes,) but does mean you get the Mini Trekker for around £20 :)

Cleans the sensor.

Has a battery and you just flick the switch on for five seconds and an electrostatic charge builds up in the brushes. Switch it off and brush it over the sensor, and the charge picks up any dust...

the 1 i get on subsription is photo plus for canon cameras which i find pretty good and the tutorials you get for photoshop with the magazine

Back