Magmod Magbeam extender

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
No
Anyone use the magmod flash extender ?

Yes I bought the Wildlife Kit and I much prefer it to the Better Beamer that I had before, much more substantial and less fiddly in use as well as being more versatile.

Yes I bought the Wildlife Kit and I much prefer it to the Better Beamer that I had before, much more substantial and less fiddly in use as well as being more versatile.

Thanks, now know what to ask for come my birthday next month.

You could always make you own? This is mine - total cost was around £20. That was for the home made flash bracket, clamp, the Fresnel lens, Flash extension wire and flash mount. Unfortunately that price does not include the Flashgun, 1 Series camera, 800mm lens etc etc - sorry!86487808.jpg

i've got both a better beamer and magbeam. hard to say which i prefer in terms of performance. while the beamer is more fiddly to setup the magbeam is quite heavy and has caused me some annoying alignment issues as the flash heads can droop.

I've tried making my own just like yours John but it wasn't stable.
After seeing the magmod, I like the idea of how compact it is.

I use mine on a Nikon SB800 and there is no movement with that combination.

I've tried making my own just like yours John but it wasn't stable.
After seeing the magmod, I like the idea of how compact it is.

I have seen the Magmod on line and it looks very good, if a little bulky for packing away. However a near mint Better Beamer came up for a tenner so it was a no brainer. Still got my home made one though!

Last edited:
I have the Better Beamer and the MagBeam. I hate the Beamer, I use the speedlight bare instead. I use the MagBeam with an AD200 in more static situations (tripod/vehicle/etc).

IMHO, the Harbor Digital XT-A29 is the best overall compromise for function/size/weight/ease... I don't know why it doesn't get more appreciation.

Back