Magnetic Island

Edit My Images
No
Taken during a wonderful holiday at Magnetic Island in Far Northern Queensland, Australia

i-NKMvn46-L.jpg

i-8pvGs8L-L.jpg

i-Z6HwgVf-L.jpg

129 views and no comments?

229 seconds shutter speed in the first - you have much more patience that I do :D

The third has come out very well. While letting my imagination run the right hand rock looks like a seal with an open mouth looking towards the camera :)

Number 1 has lovely tones and colours. Composition-wise I'd have liked to see a little more of the channel bottom right and the landmass to be slightly higher in the frame with a straight horizon.
Number 2 is a nice holiday snap, but it's a shame the end of the land is cut off.
Number 3 is the best of the set for me, with good tones and colours, a nice strong diagonal to lead the eye through and a focal point (Jabba the Hutt?) for the eye to rest halfway along. The glowing rock on the right does break the composition, but it also adds a brightness and warmth that the rest of the image lacks.

Thanks for the feedback , it's a beautiful spot and can't wait to go back.

Last edited:
Love 1 and 3, just wondering if maybe a little more shadow detail could be lifted out of the rocks in the foreground perhaps on the third one?

Looks like a lovely location I'm always jealous of people going to Australia!

Back