Magpie Lead Mine, Derbyshire Peak District

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Remember that bright sunny weekend we had in February, very windy, but lots of sun! I took these whilst out and about in the Peaks enjoying that early burst of spring

The Magpie Mine was a lead mine, now preserved and open for visitors to explore whenever you wish - no charge for access.

Any critique or comments would be very welcome.

Magpie Lead Mine by Chris S B, on Flickr

Magpie Lead Mine by Chris S B, on Flickr

Magpie Lead Mine 3 by Chris S B, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Since no-one's bitten yet, I'll try to be helpful: I like the set, but......

1) Feels cropped too tight, and I need to see the ends of the girders and would like a bit more sky above. Or it needs to go tighter to pick up the cross patterns of the girders in the structure. This is halfway & doesn't work for either at screen size.

2) I like this, but again it's too tight and the chimney is leaning in, plus there's banding in the sky.

3) Best of the bunch, though again a little tight top & bottom, and there's banding in the sky.

Thanks Toni, I appreciate your feedback - very helpful.

You spotted something in No.1 that I hoped to get away with! I decided to crop a good portion of the bottom of the headgear due to very heavy shadow. I tried lifting the shadows but it still didn't look right. I'll go back and have another go, equipped with a wide angle lens.

I think the banding is an artefact of Flicker's compression, I've not knowingly changed my upload settings from LR to Flickr, but I will check it out.

Thanks Toni,

Chris

Back