make love not war

I think it shows huge disrespect for fallen soldiers, i assume it is some form of war memorial. Personally i would have removed it rather than photograph it.

Personally i would have removed it rather than photograph it.

Our job as photographers is to document the world as we see it - whether we like it or not - it is not our job to tamper with it.

Keeping his powder dry. disrespect was David Gilmours son swinging from the Cenotaph. IVe got 2 sons serving in Afghan and I know they would p##s themselve laughing at that

Soldiers often used condoms on the end of thier rifles to keep the dirt out. Cant see how its disrespectfull. Just factually accurate.

Good shot . It made me smile. I only hope you didn't put it on to get the shot.

Made me smile too. Reminded me of a story about Winston Churchill:

Churchill had an innovative idea to add to boxes of 10 inch long condom-like protective rubber sheaths designed to go over the barrels of British rifles when fighting in the arctic: "I want a label for every box, every carton, every packet, saying "British. Size: Medium". That will show the Nazis if they ever recover one of them, who's the master race."

http://www.winston-churchill-leadership.com/churchill-quote-politics.html

Sorry bit of a dumb moment didnt see the condom :bonk: thought you ment the statue was disrespectful :bang: please accept my apologies.
I will blame the wine

Regards
Mark

As the op I in no way meant any disrespect,just a grab shot on a wander round,did make me laugh though.
We use condoms on our breathing apparatus bottles at work,if there big and fat your bottles leaking,lol.

made me smile also, dont think it shows disrespect to shoot a pic, the disrespect came from the person who put it there...

besides that do soldiers not use this technique as well...

Regardless of whether or not soldiers do this in practice i personally think any defacement of a memorial is disrespectful, we find many things in life amusing it's just for me this isn't.
Each to their own as the saying goes.

Back