Make sure those tripod plates are secure

Name
Mads
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out this evening, moving from one place to another to discover that the tripod plate wasn't fixed in place properly.
Cue camera bouncing along the ground and nearly disappearing into an outdoor swimming pool.

No idea if anything other than the wlf is damaged. Got a film to develop and I suppose we'll see. IMG-20201010-WA0042.jpgIMG_20201010_180824_598.jpg

I actually did the same with my Lubitel 166b yesterday but onto carpet thankfully - no harm done and camera seems to work fine. However the rear film door popped open on unexposed frame 1. I'm hoping that from shot 3 the backing paper has done its job!

Hope your camera is useable Virtual Adept.

Last edited:
I actually did the same with my Lubitel 166b yesterday but onto carpet thankfully - no harm done and camera seems to work fine. However the rear film door popped open on unexposed frame 1. I'm hoping that from shot 3 the backing paper has done its job!

Hope your camera is useable Virtual Adept.
Thanks man, I feel your pain. It seems to have continued taking the shots ok, though its a nightmare to focus with the hood flapping about like that, and the film I used really wasn't the best one for checking it still worked ok. That said, I got some ok results from it.

20201011-R17at12166B001 by Madison S, on Flickr
20201011-R17at12166B007 by Madison S, on Flickr

3 decades out of date Jessops R17 film

I'd say the shots are a bit more than ok! I struggle to focus my Lubitel at the best of times and the hood is as it should be.

I'd say the shots are a bit more than ok! I struggle to focus my Lubitel at the best of times and the hood is as it should be.

I have to say a couple of years ago my son managed to knock off the knurled ring on the taking lens, so I spent an absolute age realigning them, and I managed to get it focussing a lot better than it did when I first got it.
I dont think they'yre too bad for 4 and 8 second exposures in the wind. Focussing the bottom one was done by using the distance scale rather than the viewfinder though.

I have to say a couple of years ago my son managed to knock off the knurled ring on the taking lens, so I spent an absolute age realigning them, and I managed to get it focussing a lot better than it did when I first got it.
I dont think they'yre too bad for 4 and 8 second exposures in the wind. Focussing the bottom one was done by using the distance scale rather than the viewfinder though.
Crikey - 4 & 8 seconds! I wouldn't have guessed that. To be honest more often than not I either guesstimate distance or if under 8ft/2.4m use a tape measure rather than the pop out "focusing" aid- sends my kids nuts waiting for dad to faff about.

Back