Makeshift Home Studio

Name
Drew Shergold
Edit My Images
Yes
Using a Cheap flash aimed into a softbox and natural sunlight from a window. Backdrop is the back of a wooden shoe rack.

Im getting happier with the colours, I probably should have shot this landscape to lose some of the dead space uptop.

Looking for feedback please :)

32991189035_423b9208d1_c.jpg

Last edited:
As above nice lighting and expression. Nice..

Great snap with limited strobes! Better than most stuff I see from local togs trying to sell family shoots for money!

Lovely lighting & expression, nice processing. Shame about all the dead space at the top - I might go square and make it look deliberate. And I'd probably tweak the yellow band on the wrist to tie it in with the other colours but that's such a small thing it hardly matters.

Have you boosted the exposure in post? The background is quite noisy - and it looks like sharpened noise - where I wouldn't expect it.

Everythings been said. Still felt the need to say I liked image very much. Very engaging !

Gaz

I love it! Love the lightning and expression!
May be crop a bit drom the top and just a tiny bit from the bottom?!

As above nice lighting and expression. Nice..

Mucho Gracias !

Great snap with limited strobes! Better than most stuff I see from local togs trying to sell family shoots for money!

Wow thank you :) Are you from newcastle? I grew up around there then moved to wales and took up photography.... Need to go one a camera holiday up there

Lovely lighting & expression, nice processing. Shame about all the dead space at the top - I might go square and make it look deliberate. And I'd probably tweak the yellow band on the wrist to tie it in with the other colours but that's such a small thing it hardly matters.

Have you boosted the exposure in post? The background is quite noisy - and it looks like sharpened noise - where I wouldn't expect it.

Good call on the yellow band, little things make a big difference. The noise is from me adding grain to the picture in lightroom, After playing around it doesn't actually make it look any nicer.

Everythings been said. Still felt the need to say I liked image very much. Very engaging ! Gaz

Thanks Gaz, I love your Flickr!

32968277746_43d2703c09_c.jpg

Yup, from Newcastle, good spot!

My only critique on second pass would be the hair looks a little soft compare to the eyes. On the eyes, the +exp might be a tad too much, especially when compared to the teeth and mouth which have had no attention.

Back