Makeshift Macro - first attempt.

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Inspired by the 'Show us your rig' sticky, I decided to have a go at making a macro set-up myself.

I proceeded to take my old 70-300 AF Nikkor and tape to the front of it the 24-80 Nikkor with self-amalgamating tape. It works remarkably well for five minutes worth of building. I would guess it gives anywhere between 1:1 to maybe 6:1.

All of these were handheld at about 1/60 with the on-camera flash - which somehow worked miraculously well considering the 20cm of glass stuck on the front!

Bathroom Spider:

Remote power button:

The pages of a magazine which when combined with the massive vignette of this set-up looks strikingly like Jupiter!:

Keyboard speaker grill:

The ridiculously shallow DOF:

I love playing around with macro but i struggle getting the intended target to stay still or in a nice pose. I often get frustrated and release the little *** back into the wild :) I'm heading into my yard with my experiMENTAL sigma 150mm and all my extension tubes to hunt for the spider I let go yesterday. Keep on trying those set-ups and the bathroom spider is very well taken (y) Looking forward to my step down rings arriving on a slow boat from China so I can reverse mount my 28mm or my 50mm to the front of the sigma now :LOL:

Back