Making a (pub) restaurant menu on PSE

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all,

I've been asked by a friend who runs a pub if I could update his menu for him, which I'm happy to try.

I could quite easily knock something up on publisher (all-be-it, Publisher 2000), however I can't help but think that using PSE11 might produce a better end product. My problem is, I haven't mastered PSE for this type of thing yet, which has made me wonder...

...does anybody have any sort of template they'd be happy to share, so I've got somewhere to start?

Wrong tool for the Job! You really should be using a page layout program for this. By all means use PSE to prepare the images, but you will get better results using something like InDesign or even Apple Pages (if you have a Mac) or Publisher as you have suggested.

Remember to convert your images to CMYK ready for print.

Last edited:
You were right first time a desktop publishing software would be best for a task such as this.

You can use PSE11 to edit photos which appear in the menu but it is not the best tool to create the menu.

Serif Page Plus Starter which is a freeware application is far better than Publisher 2000. Serif Page Plus Starter will have some templates but is better to start from scratch instead of being creatively restricted by a template.

I use Serif PagePlus XV and it is very powerful. I usex it to prepare client report layouts and fill with MS Word paragraphs. It can output to pdf snd other formats.

As suggssted above, the PagePlus Free edition should do what you need. I have Publisher too but it can be fiddly.

At a push Word 2007/10 will do a good job too. It hss a good range of tools and backgrounds.

Steve

Pageplus starter edition is free. X7 is the current version although I think they are doing X6 at a reduced price.

Easy to use, made for the job.
Quidco are doing 20% off at the moment & Serif are always doing offers. If you combine the two you can get a deal.

Last edited:
Pageplus starter edition is free. X7 is the current version although I think they are doing X6 at a reduced price.

Easy to use, made for the job.
Quidco are doing 20% off at the moment & Serif are always doing offers. If you combine the two you can get a deal.

Agree

Once you are s customer you will be offered very interesting deals. I got Photoplus x4 for £14.99 which handles CR2 RAW Ok.

Steve

Thanks everyone. I'll check out Pageplus, as I've been trying to use publisher and it really gets quite frustrating after a while!

Back