Making images with living plant leaves

Interesting. Takes photograms to a new level. I look forward to seeing the results - I still tell people about your Tin Can Selfies project:)

Looking out of the window, I think there may be a flaw in the plan. He lives in California and was struggling for light. I live in Westmoreland :(

Looks like this could be my new favourite waste of time

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qETedzsFIE

His results are very impressive. I’m surprised he found a geranium (pelargonium) leaf the best It seem to me there are plenty of larger leaves that might be more suitable.

Increase the light levels with reflectors.

How the leaf reacts to light could be important, maybe shade lovers are more responsive to lower light levels — well, obviously they are but maybe not in this situation.

One could possibly increase the CO2 levels locally, CO2 capsules being readily available.

Oh, and some plants (maize, sugar cane etc) are more efficient at producing sugar from sunlight,

Looking out of the window, I think there may be a flaw in the plan. He lives in California and was struggling for light. I live in Westmoreland :(
You should move to Bolton, plenty sunshine.

I'm curious about how you fix the image.

I guess once the leaf is cut and/or the chlorophyll has been dissolved out the image is as fixed as it is going to get since there is no more photosynthesis to produce starch and no further growth to consume the starch. The image is formed by staining the starch with Iodine.

Back