Male Greenfinch.

One for the living room wall, Dale. Lovely colouring.

very nice wish they would come back to my garden

Thank you. Not sure if you feed at all but if not, try some sunflower hearts, you never know.

Greenfinch numbers are down but they are still about here and there. We are very lucky here.

Tried it all but the truth is a few years ago the estate below me was altered to increase social housing, this was apart from making the existing gardens smaller it also included crucially the removal of trees and hedges and since then the decline of species is very evident, Siskin, Bullfinch, Goldfinch, Blackcap to mention a few are extremely rare visitors these days

Bob's post is really sad we are losing so much and all the species he mentions come here but have never been frequent . I strongly suspect bullies are here far more than I know. We planted fruit trees maybe 30years back there's enough for them and us bar the stella cherry bullie has never left one for us :LOL:

Dale I'm jealous I can shoot greenfinch from my front door and yet am so rarely here to do so that's a lovely lovely frame buddy. We seem to have 2 pair resident numbers did up when they brought kids last year, but I'd imagine they have been driven off and yup glowing right now.

Siskin is real transient, but we did have redpoll a while back which is a first for us

Bob's post is really sad we are losing so much and all the species he mentions come here but have never been frequent . I strongly suspect bullies are here far more than I know. We planted fruit trees maybe 30years back there's enough for them and us bar the stella cherry bullie has never left one for us :LOL:

Fat finch disease (Trichomonosis) has decimated them over the last decade Bud. It affects all finches and some other birds but seems to affect Greenfinches more so.

I would love to have Bullfinch in my garden too. I see them at the Kingfisher, allthough never in a situation to photograph them properly.
Dale I'm jealous I can shoot greenfinch from my front door and yet am so rarely here to do so that's a lovely lovely frame buddy. We seem to have 2 pair resident numbers did up when they brought kids last year, but I'd imagine they have been driven off and yup glowing right now.

Glad to hear you have them too. I have a feeling they are bouncing back to an extent, maybe they have built up some immunity through the generations. Thank you on the comment on the image.

Siskin is real transient, but we did have redpoll a while back which is a first for us

Siskin are regular here, although their numbers vary, I've seen as many as 8 in one go but currently, there seems to be just 2 here. Redpoll, used to get them up until last year, not seen one this year so far.

We do though have Long Tailed Tits occasionally, they are quite regular, maybe 2 or 3 visits a day. Currently a GSW making his rounds here too but no pics of him as of yet, as he's only been on the feeders. He did perch on a perch 2 days ago but I could only watch from the kitchen.

Lovely shot - the perch is often overlooked but this complements the bird well. TFS

Beauties Dale Sadly not so many around any more in my Area

Cheers Kevin.

Sadly, had one here with tricho last week. I photographed it but couldn't bring myself to process it.

Feeders all sanitised.

Back