Wild Male Kingfisher

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
This image to me was all about the light specifically highlighted on the birds head ,the view on the birds eye in viewfinder before I took the shot was mesmerising....Canon 1d mk4 300mm f4 at 5.6 ISO 400 +1/3EV cropped for comp ,WB daylight (taken in RAW unchanged for pp)PP in lightroom shadows ,highlights, blacksView attachment 40940 used slight plus on vibrancy ,no saturation added and sharpened in lightroom to 82..just noticed a couple of dust spots

Last edited:
Not sure what the light was like but I would still have expected a bit of contrast and shine to the plumage even on a bright overcast day.As it stands it looks quite flat and dull this end,the eye is lacking a bit of a sparkle and is imo soft.To me the feet are a good indication that this is suffering with slight motion blurr.Not sure what the shutter speed was as you have not included it in with the rest of the info.If not too low a shutter then perhaps a slight bit of camera movement just at the wrong time.

The eye lacking sparkle ,sorry Rich just cant agree with you their,that is what a kingfishers eye looks like from 15 feet away and i am not prepared to start messing with it...and i know you lke to pp your images to death Rich but there are times when a image posted does replicate the conditions on the day,what you would expect are is not always what is their in the first place,if it looks flat and dull on your end thats fine but it looks Ok to me on this end,thats your opinion and i respect that ,i just dont agree with you on this ocassion....also Rich just out curiosity and as Bill pointed out why do you only come back in here when their is i bit of contrevassary ,just something i noticed as well,nothing stopping you but there does seem to be a pattern ...

Last edited:
also Rich just out curiosity and as Bill pointed out why do you only come back in here when their is i bit of contrevassary ,just something i noticed as well,nothing stopping you but there does seem to be a pattern ...
When there is controversy? I can come and go as I feel fit Den,it has nothing to do with yourself or any other person,although the controversy that haunts this section is always started by the same couple of people and seems to be getting worse.So I guess my window of opportunity is getting narrower by the day :)

Back