Wild Male Kingfisher

Great catch, right moment… but the micro contrast is rather weak!
FIX: proper DRL will take care of that… needs no more!

Great catch, right moment… but the micro contrast is rather weak!
FIX: proper DRL will take care of that… needs no more!

What is this micro-contrast that you speak of, Kodiak?

Never heard of it until you recently started saying it, but a quick google search implies that there is no such thing?

Enlighten us please :)

What is this micro-contrast that you speak of, Kodiak?
Never heard of it until you recently started saying it, but a quick google search implies that there is no such thing?
Enlighten us please :)

I know, the first time I read that I thought it was something new… but it is not:
DRL = Dynamic Range Levels = black and white points definition!
Since I hate typing, and I had to repeat this suggestion quite often, I adopted
this shorter description.

Hi Daniel,thanks for the reply ,do you mean I slight contrast boost,i use LR Thanks

Certainly NOT!
I think your shot is quite ok contrast wise straight from the RAW… but you skipped
the first step of them all: get the RAW info right! …in this case, the DRL, no more!
I could demonstrate but "no edit"!

Personally speaking, I find this photo stunning. When you photoshop it, you take your obvious talent ( which you have plenty of ) and replace it with computer generated crap. Please keep posting your non photoshopped images, they really are superb.

Personally speaking, I find this photo stunning. When you photoshop it, you take your obvious talent ( which you have plenty of ) and replace it with computer generated crap. Please keep posting your non photoshopped images, they really are superb.

+1, absolutely! I never did, and never will, recommend using PS! I suggested
to use the RAW converter to properly exploit ALL the registered information!

Back