Male Water Dragon... Head close up

Name
Lisa
Edit My Images
Yes
ok taking into consideration last comments about the baby water dragon... tried with a close up of my male water dragons head.

once again using the in built macro setting and using a uv lens. there's a uvb strip light and mercury vapour light in the vivarium so wasn't sure whether to use a uv lens or polarising lens... but colour looks better with the uv lens on. And had tripod this time to eliminate hand shake!!!

once again any comments greatly received.

lisa xx :)
(oh and remembered to resize it this time hehe!)

DSCF0396800pix.jpg

:eek::clap::clap: oh wow, thats a marked difference. He is a stunner and I like the angle, sharpness looks ok on this screen though it might take a little sharpening on top in post processing. You can tell us if the colour reproduction is accurate to the original. Background is cluttered, but very nicely blurred out, and at least its natural, so can't ask for any more than that.

Very nice LadyR!! (y)

thanks for input... haven't tried the image software that accompanied the camera but will have a play and post a sharpened image into the thread.

and yeah looking at it now i agree with the comment about the background. lol! the dragon is 2 year old and a mass of testosterone wrapped in scales... trying to get him to stay in a photogenic area for more than 5 seconds is a virtual impossibility! its like getting a toddler to sit still! :LOL:

Thats a really nice shot, I tried sharpening this a touch and it sharpened well, so it should go well on the original.

I agree, a fabulous shot! and what a gorgeous creature! :love:

Hi :wave: and :welcome: to another Lady!!!! :woot:

what software are you using? just been thru all my Fuji stuff and there's no image manipulation programme.
just a viewer, image writing programme and studio programme (the one where you connect camera to pc and you control the camera through the pc)
cheers

lisa xx

and hi Ladybird!

I use Photoshop CS2 with various plugins for sharpening and noise reduction, I believe you can download a trial version of the new version CS3 from the Adobe website.

cheers for that... downloading now

Did have a pretty good serif package but some git pinched it!
(sorry... borrowed and never gave it back!)

i have a friend who runs his own computer business... so i can get all my software at trade price. and thanks for recommendations! :)

cheers hun.

how would you add extra light when required? use built in/external flash or additional light source?

like i said this picture taken just inside my vivarium and lizards dont tend to stay in one place for very long, so would be interested to know how you would add light to the subject.

lisa xx

Quite a splendid creature Lisa, nicely photographed too.(y)

cheers me dears!!!

how would you add extra light when required? use built in/external flash or additional light source?

like i said this picture taken just inside my vivarium and lizards dont tend to stay in one place for very long, so would be interested to know how you would add light to the subject.

lisa xx

Hi Lisa - great shot (y)

You could try reflecting some light back in with a reflector or a piece of white card will do. Even scrunched up tin foil then flattened out would do (might have to wrap it around something or stick to a piece of cardboard) A bit Blue Peterish but it works :LOL:

A bit Blue Peterish but it works :LOL:

lmao there's nowt wrong with blue peter!!!! thanks for the DIY idea's will defo give them a go when the camera comes back from repair :woot:

Back