Malham Cove and Gordale Scar

Name
Henry
Edit My Images
Yes
Went for a walk around the two yesterday. I'd love some opinion on what's good/bad.

qqGuQda.jpg

h75Ah9Q.jpg

jRh99Kv.jpg

byVDeAW.jpg

QT4qZA8.jpg

Went for a walk around the two yesterday. I'd love some opinion on what's good/bad.

It is good that you went for a walk with your camera and mad some obviously thought out images.

It was bad that you didn't really get any light conditions to set the shots off properly.

Regarding the actual shots I was looking through them thinking they lent themselves to B & W then saw the final one, which is a nice arrangement, with the road/river (?) glinting in the light and taking your eye in, with the moon/sun (? again, lol) offing balance to the tree on the left. The others all suffer from a blue/magenta/violet looking colour cast, possibly from over saturating to compensate for light that wasn't there.

i would take no 2 for composition and not being so graphic and no 5 of course for avoiding letting colour lead the shot's interest
cheers
geof

I like the composition and colours of no.1. I think it's a very pleasing picture.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback, it's all really useful for me. I've had a go at re-processing the 1st image with more toned down saturation, better white balance etc as well as a monochrome.

The feedback about the light conditions is not what I was expecting... I think there is a good cast of light leading down the stream into the more shaded valley.

iAscJdL.jpg

k6zea90.jpg

Really liking the composition and positioning you selected for No1.
I'm a sucker for those 'Clints & Grykes' again, good control to show the focus area.
B&W white renditions are good, it's a favourable place to "see in B&W"

1st image for me especially in colour the foreground rocks help to lead into the centre area which follows nicely into the far distance.
GEORGE.

Back