Malham

Edit My Images
No
Hi guys.

Just a few quickies from my trip to Malham over the weekend. I got there quite late so the light wasnt great. Decided to take advantage and get some silouhette shots in.

(img deleted)

Not quite sure if the next one works or not, but before selective desaturation the shot lacked focus, and wasnt particularly interesting.

39500696-L.jpg

39500574-L.jpg

Im growing more disapointed with the 18-55 i have to say, it is quite soft.
Looking towards the 12-24 Tokina which seems to be held in high regard.

Anyway, any critique, comments or suggestions for improvement are VERY welcome. I have been able to take something away with me each time i post some shots here which i think is making me thing more about composition etc and in the end will improve my photography.

Cheers for looking.

I like 1 and 2 but 3 doesn't do much for me. Maybe a crop off the bottom in #1 and I definitely like the selective desaturation - must try that myself. Thanks for showing.

regards

Yep, number 1 : looks like the file has been corrupted. I quite like number 2 actually, i think the effect works - its not *too* obvious what you have done which I like.

Matt

Can't remember what the first one looks like. Where's it gone? :confused-

regards

Much better sky, just gotta get that foreground sorted.

Ok double checked on a couple other monitors, seems black on em all. The top one is the corrupt original, which im not bothered about, so if that one is still showing green thats ok. The bottom one is the one im keeping, is that one black in the foreground or green?

Oh right, sorry. I assumed you wanted some foreground! lol

All black for me in the boosted second one.

Back