Mallory Park Circuit's future under threat

Edit My Images
No
Mallory Park circuit, arguably the most Tog friendly circuit in the UK, has its future under threat following the local councils' decision to take the owners to court.

Anyone wishing to read more detail on the reasons behind this can find more information via the Autosort site on the following link.

http://forums.autosport.com/index.php?showtopic=127667&st=2800

Basically some of the local villagers have objected to the noise from the circuits activities & the traffic generated by visitors to the circuit.

It seems that depite the Mallory Park owners wilingness to dicuss the problems with a "Liason Group", the liason group are pressing for legal action from the council.

As with all disputes there are two sides to every argument but it seems that
the"Liason group" does not represent the views of all of the villagers despite promoting that impression to the local media.

The circuit has been in use for over 50 years and although there may have been issues in the past, of which I am unaware, the momentum of the complaints has increased since new housing was built within the village & occupied by people not local to the village.

There is a petition on the governments website that has been set up to support the circuit:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46739

Basically some of the local villagers have objected to the noise from the circuits activities & the traffic generated by visitors to the circuit.

It seems that depite the Mallory Park owners wilingness to dicuss the problems with a "Liason Group", the liason group are pressing for legal action from the council.

That's not how I read it the other day ... as you say, 2 sides to every story.LINK

The future of Mallory Park race circuit could depend on the outcome of a meeting taking place today over noise and the number of days it can operate.

Residents in nearby Kirkby Mallory say they have been told the circuit could be sold to a housing developer unless they agree to extended opening hours.

It really hacks me off when someone buys a house close to a circuit that has been there for many many years and then complains about the noise.

As for the Epetition it is very poorly worded and inappropriate at this present time.

Back