Mam Tor ,Chatsworth Lakes & Cromford Canal

Name
Lynne
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

had a venture out last weekend in perfect weather to some new (to me) locations .Had a fantastic couple of days , saw my 1st cloud inversion on Mam Tor & some wonderful reflections at Chatsworth lakes & Cromford canal .

DSC_8404 by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

DSC_8438 by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

DSC_8255 by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

DSC_8176 by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

DSC_8285 by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

I know the inversions have been done a million times before ,but not by me , & I'm really pleased with how they turned out .
Any advice appreciated as I intend to go back again when the weathers looking promising

Thanks for looking

Lynne (y)

Last edited:
nice set of images here lynee

#3 is too green for me and #4 jarrs my eyes a bit. However, I congratulate you on the others. They transport me there. Well done.(y)

A very pleasant set Lynne, if only the ones above the mist where captured just after sunrise, like myself maybe left it a little to late?, thank you for sharing
Kevin

i really like this set with no2 been my favourite.

Thanks Tim.....no2 is a close 2nd for me but it does show the inversion really well (y)

#3 is too green for me and #4 jarrs my eyes a bit. However, I congratulate you on the others. They transport me there. Well done.(y)

Thanks Davie.......yup, #3 is quite green may have boosted the colors a tad too much but it was rather green to start with , was hoping for more autumnal colors but hey ho...time to go back another day (y)

A very pleasant set Lynne, if only the ones above the mist where captured just after sunrise, like myself maybe left it a little to late?, thank you for sharing
Kevin

Thanks Kevin.....alas I have a real problem dragging myself from my pit when I'm going out on my own BUT I am determined that the next possible chance when the weather looks promising for an inversion I WILL get up early & get there (y)

Thanks for all your relies , apologies for the delay responding :oops: :$

Some lovely images there Lynne, I really like your shots of the Canal. I used to live near there before moving to York but it brings the memories back.

Hiya Nick.....how's things ? You back on terra firma ? Thanks for comenting , I think I shall be heading back to the canal again , only walked the 1st mile or so , plenty left to see :)

Great thanks Lynne, thank you for asking. I am back on dry land again for now :banana:

Good series Lynne, like them all, But 3 and five would be my pick (y)

Cloud inversions are fantastic just to experience and even better to photograph. You have done a good job and the first in particular is really nice. I may have framed it slightly more to the left so that the LHS of the path emerged from the corner of the frame, and then the peak would have been closer to being 1/3rd into the frame from the right. I love the road shot, if it is a crop perhaps try one with more road in at the bottom?

Back