Mam Tor Sunrise

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
The forecast for Wednesday suggested that it would offer the chance of morning mist. Edale is about 40mins drive from home and I decided to set the alarm for 3.30am go and walk up Mam Tor with the hope of the anticipated mist being in the valley below the Ridge. I wasnt disapointed! It was a lovely morning. There wasnt a breath of wind....

The gate-2 by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

The gate by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

Misty great ridge by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

Chimny by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

The peaks by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

Trees-2 by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

Spectacular series. Have always promised myself that I'll go there someday.

Thanks very much. Get there early though if you do, it’s very popular and there were about 8-10 togs there even when I arrived at 4.30am ish

Great set!! Love them

That cirrus sky was spectacular but number 5 for me - I've never been a fan of the gate, the path or the cement works, so something that focuses on the beauty of the peaks themselves works far better for me. This little tree just makes pictures of this section of the Ridge, images wouldn't really work without it.

Super images, the first one with the sunrise and the 4th one with the chimney do it for me, well done.

That cirrus sky was spectacular but number 5 for me - I've never been a fan of the gate, the path or the cement works, so something that focuses on the beauty of the peaks themselves works far better for me. This little tree just makes pictures of this section of the Ridge, images wouldn't really work without it.

Yeah you’re right about the tree! Thanks for the feedback

Nice set, love the minimalist cement works and the long lens shots to the peaks. Not far from my home in the North, would love the chance to get back there and visit if we are ever allowed to travel around the country again!

Nice set, love the minimalist cement works and the long lens shots to the peaks. Not far from my home in the North, would love the chance to get back there and visit if we are ever allowed to travel around the country again!

Well you can travel, just can’t stay over which may make it difficult for you - anyway thanks for the feedback
Cheers
Chris

It's not often I revisit a thread to look at the photographs for a second and third time - but here I am in this thread again.

Superb images - great work.

Chris

Back