Mamiya Lens

I don't think so and a quick search doesn't bring up much info.

I looks like a 35mm lens to me and also I've never seen a mamiya zoom for the 645's that wasn't 55-110 or 105-210.

Well... in medium format terms something around 80mm would be a standard lens, the equivalent of a 50mm lens in 35mm cameras (Or DSLRs) That would be OK for portraits and stuff although going a bit longer might be better.

If you're interested in landscapes you'd want something wider... around 40mm. 40mm is pretty wide in medium format, similar to 25mm in in a 35mm camera. The wide angles tend to be quite sought after and a bit dearer.

Thanks again gents.

I've put it on my ebay watching list to see what it goes for.

I bought a 645 1000s with a metered prism for £30 off ebay today you see (camera collection is growing all the time now!).

It's a shame i cant use my OM lenses with some kind of adapter.?

What makes the 35mm lens differnt to a MF lens? (sorry if thats a stupid question)

It's not stupid. The 35mm lenses don't throw a big enough image circle to cover the image area on a MF camera - they need longer lenses to throw a bigger image circle to cover the larger negative.

MF camera also have much larger lens openings to the body - much fatter lenses. :)

I understand, makes sense really!

Even found some video clips on youtube for loading it with film, looks like a sturdy bit of kit.

It still amazes me the things you can pick up off ebay now, I really do like the older equipment (and this is somebody that has always gone for the newest and shiniest available!)

LOL. How old are you Gaz as a matter of interest?

I do so know where you're coming from though. ;)

Some of these cameras are just marvels of engineering - so satisfying to use.

Ah... it's that appreciation of all things mechanical then. :D

Yeah, something like that :LOL:

Now it's getting the chance to use the stuff, already got a Zeiss Nettar for £8 in good nick.

Velvia in the fridge and all i get is a british summer time grey sky! :bang:

Geez! I've no idea Gaz. I did own a 1000s but it was a long time ago. I've done a Google search which hasn't yielded any pointers that there may be such adapters available. I'd try ringing Ffordes, they're huge dealers in this type of equipment and I'm sure they'd be able to tell you one way or the other.

I did find this PDF file of the user manual which you may not have?

Clicky

cheers.

Camera arrived today, all the shutter speeds seem to work and light meter in the prism is reading light.

Needs some cleaning and TLC now.

Just need a lens now!

Back