Mamiya RZ67 connecting with Elinchrom Portable flash?

Name
Ellie
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

So I have a Mamiya RZ67 Pro and I've recently just bought Elinchrom ELB400 portable flash set but I'm not too sure how to connect them.

I need a flash trigger and potentially a hot shoe adapter but does it need to be a specific one? I have the pc sync cord that connects to the elinchrom and Mamiya lens.

I've seen Mamiya cameras connected to flashes before but only on pro ii.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks!

I'm not an Elinchrom user so I can only reply based on my (old) knowledge of the camera.
As I understand it, the ELB400 has a built-in radio receiver, which means that it will make sense to use the matching Elinchrom transmitter, which is the Skyport Transmitter Plus.. But, if you prefer, you will be able to use any other trigger with its own dedicated receiver, which will plug into the light.
Each lens has a PC socket, used to connect to a flash, but it also has a hotshoe, so you won't need a hot shoe adapter.

Thanks for such a quick reply! Thank you Garry & Sky!

Any time. I never said welcome to the forum BTW - I didn't notice it was your first post.

You'll find the majority of people on here friendly and helpful. (y)

You can also use an old fashioned optical trigger, provided you have reasonable porximity (30 yards or so) - if firing outside a window to illuminate through the window, you have some issues occassionally. The RZ has nothing fancy about it, yes it is electronic but the old style pip cable is all it uses. I think I still have my original sales brochures somewhere. I used the RZ system and was sponsored by Johnsons Photopia when they were the importers. A radio trigger is another way - I have one somewhere, it will also fire a shutter remotely, using the necessary connections according to camera.

Back