Mamiya.. Which is best??

fraggle101

Not a mermaid
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
iv been looking at getting a MF camera for a while and have noticed two Mamiya's. can someone tell me which would be the better bet..

One is the Mamiya 645 1000 s and the other is the Mamiya 645 pro..

Are Mamiya a good bet? iv seen loads and they all look good!!

:shrug:

Mamiya 645 pro.. , yep good cameras. Have a look at the 6x7 as well

is there any difference between the 'Pro' and the 1000 s? or is there only one 645 but described differently??

The M645 was manufactured from 1975 to 1987. Non-interchangeable back.
The M645 1000S was manufactured from 1976 to 1990. Non-interchangeable back.
The M645J was manufactured from 1979 to 1982. Basic entry-level camera, non-interchangeable back.
The Mamiya 645 Super was manufactured from 1985 to 1993.
The Mamiya 645 Pro was manufactured from 1993 to 1998.
The Mamiya 645 Pro-TL was first released in 1997.
The Mamiya 645E was first released in 2000. Entry-level camera, non-interchangeable back, popular among beginners.

Wow Thanks Richard.. i was bidding on the 1000s.. i think im better of with the pro.. its not the TL though, but i think it'll be good enough for me. i just hope its not going to go too high!! lol..

That was very helpfull.. thank you..

I've got the super fraggle, it's the one just before the pro and it's great. The prism, backs and of course lens are all interchangeable and that's really what you need.

Good luck with the bidding :)

Some light reading for you fraggle :)

Thanks for that AliB, im now sure that what i need is the Pro or the Pro TL.. As with all these things there are so many different models, unless you have been reading or using these things for a while you just dont know whats what.. now i fell a little better about the subject..

http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00KcEg

No problem, I've sent you a PM.

Thnaks for that, i shall be Pm'ing you in a moment, im just having a nosey around.. (y)

Cheers guys.. (y)

I had a 1000s. Great camera. It's biggest handicap is non interchangeable backs though.

yeah, i can see that, im looking at either a Pro Or the Pro TL.. Which ever comes up at the right price first..

iv been looking at getting a MF camera for a while and have noticed two Mamiya's. can someone tell me which would be the better bet..

One is the Mamiya 645 1000 s and the other is the Mamiya 645 pro..

Are Mamiya a good bet? iv seen loads and they all look good!!

:shrug:
I have the MAMIYA 330 TLR and 5 lens. The wide angle is breathtaking. :clap:

i love mamiya cameras gotta play with one at my college such good fun !

Come on fraggle, put me out of my misery, did you get one? :)

Im still watching one or two on ebay.. if they dont happen im going to look more closely at someone on here that has a lovely one going.. (y)

I shall keep you posted and show piccies when i get it.. im really looking forward to getting my grubby little hands on one!! lol..
:LOL:

I WON!!!

i hope i wasnt bidding against anyone on here!!

Mamiya 645 Pro Camera

with Detachable Back, Motorwind, Prism Viewfinder and Mamiya 80mm f1.9 Lens

It looks exactly like the stock photograph featured here

Plus: Four additional Mamiya Lenses: original standard lens 80mm f2.8; wideangle lens 55mm f2.8; telephoto lens 150mm f3.5; tele-coverter lens x2

Also included: four additional 120 & one 220 film inserts; one partly-used and two new 2CR5 6v lithium batteries for the motorwind

Sounds great.. i cant wait.. im debating with myself as to whether or not i should drive up and collect it (He said i could) or get him to post it!! Its in Beverly in Yorkshire.. its a long way!! :thinking:

Excellent fraggle. Pretty much what kit I have with the super, the 150 is awesome for portraits :)

Take the damn motorwind off it though, it stresses the components too much and is the most major cause of damage to these (from what I've read anyway!)

Hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it, you are soooooo going to love it!

Excellent fraggle. Pretty much what kit I have with the super, the 150 is awesome for portraits :)

Take the damn motorwind off it though, it stresses the components too much and is the most major cause of damage to these (from what I've read anyway!)

Hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it, you are soooooo going to love it!
to have some fun.. especially as im set up for home developing..

I was on Photosig at images from it.. VERY nice.. :woot:

Thanks Ali, im really looking forward to getting it.. im sure im going

Beverley isn't that far matey

Oh I see - you mean from London :eek:

In which case it could easily be 4 even 5 hours for you

Maybe post isn't such a bad thing then eh?

DD

Id love to let him post it, but im a little suspicious of ebay.. although he has no problem with me collecting it, and has given me his number to arrange the collection.. maybe he is genuine eh.. If only there was someone in the area that could go and get it for me!! :thinking:

I'll go pick it up for you on Tuesday mate

Then I can hand it over when you come up for the Joe Cornish seminar

:LOL:

DD

In the hope i would forget all about it eh!! :razz:

Is it REALLY 5 hours??? i thought it would take about 3 TOPS!!! :shrug:

In the hope i would forget all about it eh!! :razz:

Is it REALLY 5 hours??? i thought it would take about 3 TOPS!!! :shrug:

Google Maps (starting from your postcode N19 to centre of Beverley) has it as 206 miles

I've done Claridges to Barnsley in 3 hours - but that's only 155 miles ish; I've also done London to Barnsley in 6 hours !!!

There's no accounting for traffic, and the A1 has loads of speed cameras now. Your best bet for an average speed is unlikely to be much above 55 mph, so I'd guess 4 hours if traffic wasn't too heavy

Your call m8 - but if you pick it up, and use the M1, even A1 - we could meet for a coffee

DD

Now that sounds nice!! it would be worth the trip then..

When is good for you? what day?? id have to try and sort a driver!! lol.. i think id be ok.. if i left very early i could make it to you by lunch time! after picking up the camera, i'll see if he can see me early though..

Well done Frags. Personally I would have gone for a 67, but that wont stop me coming round to have a look at it. and doing the chimping, just by looking at the camera. One area where I feel digital doesn't stack up to Velvia film is night/low light photography, although I've not yet tried with the mk111. Fancy a few trips to tower bridge at sunset in the new year?

Now that sounds nice!! it would be worth the trip then..

When is good for you? what day?? id have to try and sort a driver!! lol.. i think id be ok.. if i left very early i could make it to you by lunch time! after picking up the camera, i'll see if he can see me early though..

Well if you mean it - Tuesday - earlier the better

DD

Well, its arrived! it looks and feels very nice, i need to figure out how to load the film and USE the thing! lol.. although its not too difficult.. im going to have fun, Manual focusing is going to be interesting too!! haha..

I didnt want to start another thread so thought id ask here..

Can i use my 580EX on this camera? im guessing it would be in manual mode too.. but can i use it without causing any damage?

Thanks..

Back