Mammal ID

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Could anyone tell me what this is? I've been told its a stoat, but I thought they had a white chest patch. I'm thinking it's a mink? Any help?

I apologise in advance if people get upset about posting a photo that is not mine.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/71205811@N07/13631409704/

Definitely a mink, a real pest especially at this time of year.

Mink. Disgusting destructive little devils.

Don't blame the Mink he just does what he was put on this earth to do.
Blame the empty heads who brought them here to breed them for their fur.

Agree it is a mink. It is a pity they can have such an impact on native species because they are delightful creatures to watch. The fault is all down to escapes and releases from fur farms, though not, I've read, particularly related to animal rights activists; mink were breeding in the UK in the late 1950s.

Dave

Don't blame the Mink he just does what he was put on this earth to do.
Blame the empty heads who brought them here to breed them for their fur.

Nah, blame the hippy tw@ts that released thousands of them back in the 60's and 70's.

Reactions: BBR
Nah, blame the hippy tw@ts that released thousands of them back in the 60's and 70's.

Not really valid 'cos if they weren't here in the first place they couldn't have been released.

Last edited:
Not really valid 'cos if they weren't here in the first place they couldn't have been released.

Pish!! Of course it's valid. They were kept here under a controlled and secure environment until some hippy, leftie bed wetter activists decided to give them their freedom:rolleyes: Result = ongoing carnage to indigenous species.

Deffo mink, such cute and cuddly little creatures.

Back