Name
Greg
Edit My Images
No
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a lens for a mamiya 645. Looking for a 50mm focal length

Many Thanks
Rgds

I think the closest is 45mm for Mamiya 645. There is a 50mm, but it's a shift lens.

Steve.

Yep! The 45 is a nice, chunky lens. f2.8

It gets mixed reviews, but I'm quite happy with mine. The edges are a bit soft.
The 55 N gets better reviews.

Last edited:
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a lens for a mamiya 645. Looking for a 50mm focal length

Many Thanks
Rgds

Just to be clear you mean you want a moderate wide angle lens for your 645 (as above) or you want a normal lens (50mm 135 equiv) ?

Just to be clear you mean you want a moderate wide angle lens for your 645 (as above) or you want a normal lens (50mm 135 equiv) ?
a moderate wide angle for the 645. I have an 80mm on it at the moment and wondered what other options were

You'll probably find the 45 2.8 is fine. There's nothing inherently wrong with it. I enjoy using my copy.
It's not tack sharp at the edges, but does that really matter? It depends what images you take.
There's a Flickr page with examples, 13 pages :)
Enjoy:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/mamiya+sekor+c+45mm+f2.8/

What really matters is what you do with it, work around its capabilities.

Last edited:
a moderate wide angle for the 645. I have an 80mm on it at the moment and wondered what other options were

If you want to go wider at some point I'd highly recommend the Mamiya 35/3.5. It's an excellent lens that's sharp across the frame and gives minimal distortion (considering how wide it is). I've bought and sold 3 of them and really should learn to stick with them!

A walk around Liverpool by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

Back