Man Eating Ducks

Keltic Ice Man

Glossary King
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
I was travelling back into Cumbria yesterday and stopped at Tebay services for a few minutes. The Ducks were wandering about in the remains of the snow, and so I grabbed the camera. They must have thought I had some food because two of the ducks got very close even though I was down on my knees.

2ducks.jpg

duck2.jpg

nose2.jpg

duck-nose.jpg

Despite the title the ducks were really tame, and would have followed me back into the car all the way to the orange sauce :getmecoat

Like the studious expression of that last one.
:thumb:

Nightmarish stuff. Sinister Ducks and all that...

Your JPEG'ing looks a little over-zealous in a couple of those - quite a bit of artefacting in the OOF bits and quite noticable round the eyes of the ducks themselves.

Hi Arkady

Good to see you back :D - Keeps us all in order

I'm struggling to see the artefacting (I believe its there, just can't see it) Which pic has it the worst, and is it due to the post processing do you think. I can always link to the original image if you point out the worst.

I'm not keen on Pic #1, but put it on to show what the ducks were having to put up with.

TFL

Allan

How does this one come up?
Eating my shoes as I was taking the pictures of swans on Wednesday.
drakeatfeet2zh.jpg

OK #2 and #3 look a little back-focussed - the point of sharpest focus appears on the ducks' backs instead of the eyes as it should be (in conventional terms, the eye is always the POF on most subjects that have them, excluding potatoes).
#1 looks the worst for the artefacting, but may just be because you've compressed it too much to get it down to Gallery Limits - check the guidelines that Steve has posted somewhere...

Back