Man reading paper

I like the shot, although i do find the big writing in the cup distracting from the guy with the paper ?

excellent shot , i really like this one

as for the writing on the cup , "In" gets my vote !

Love it, undecided about the writing on the cup though. Part of me finds it a little distracting and part of me thinks it makes the shot much more "natural"

Last edited:
I love this pic.
As for the writing on the cup I feel this picture is something you look around, to take in ALL the detail not just look at, if that makes sense??

Spike

I still look at the cup in this pic BUT its just a cup now, I think the writing made it interesting.
Spike

Classic. I love this mate. The cup tells us more about the scene and is (IMO) important to the picture. I love the processing and would have been delighted to have taken it. Very well done :)

i love the photo but why`s he so close to the paper when he`s got his glasses in his hand lol:LOL:

Gordon, this is a great shot.. tells what I imagine is a sad story about this fella's life (reminds me of Ralph McTell's 'Streets of London').

I think the cup does detract a bit from the quality of the study of the old man, with the writing on the cup being so bold and not really thought-provoking or ironic, so I prefer the plain cup. Even a cup with small writing, making the wording insignificant.. All that said, with it being a candid shot, brilliantly taken IMHO, there's nothing you can do about what's written on the cup, so I'll contradict myself now and tell myself not to judge the photo with the cup in mind at all :D

It's a great shot! :)

Dom

Great image mate, love it. My initial thought was to bump the dynamic range up a touch but that's just because I like contrasty images. I then did a total turnaround and decided that the balance is actually perfect, if it was waaay contrasty, it'd be distracting and too modern looking.

As for the much contested cup writing.... I actually like the image both ways... with the writing makes the image look a bit like an advert - take that as you will...

All in all, I'd be proud to have taken that shot!

Wonderful moment captured perfectly. Cup fine with the sleeve writing.

Back