Manchester - Air Berlin 737-800

Edit My Images
Yes
Spent the day at Manchester, hopefully lots of threads to come in the future but a few of an Air Berlin 737-800, looks rather smart with its winglets.....

Berlin3a.jpg

Berlin1a.jpg

Berlin1.jpg

Berlin4a.jpg

One of the last big airports that still cater for people who want to get up close for some photographs. The shots in the air don'r really give any impression of speed though. I like the one of the aircraft just rotating, but if you had used a slightly slower shutter and panned with it you could have blurred the background and kept the aircraft sharp giving the impression of speed.

Just my opinion for whats it worth. Still good pics and it looks like you had the weather with you.

Bob

Where is Robin Hood airport?

Wrong...guess again.....

Alright then....it be Doncaster actually.:thinking:

Although I haven't got a clue why they called it Robin Hood?

Not a bad series of shots.... well thought out. Actually, it's Boeing 737-700 :geek:

Wrong...guess again.....

Finningley to be precise..(y)

Me neither..:D

I had my break at Robin Hood airport this week but sadly only had my 16-35mm wide angle lens with me so this was obviously taken at 35mm and this is what you see from my cab roof at the end of the runway..:D

finningley-plane.jpg

:eek: :LOL: :embarrassed: :coat:

I need to get some sleep!!

That took a long while to 'seep' through.... I was beginning to wonder if anybody would notice! :LOL:

Wrong...guess again.....

It's one of those Yorkshire things :shrug: , they like to claim that Robin Hood has more to do with Yorkshire than Nottingham - although the airport is within spitting distance from the Nottinghamshire county border - it was in the county pre 1974 though. Robin Hood is said to have died in Yorkshire and spent much of his time there. Although of course ask anyone in the US or any other part of the world and Robin Hood IS what Nottingham is all about.

It is said that quite a few people flying into the airport expect it to be at Nottingham - and not in the middle of nowhere, the hour and half or so drive away that it is from Nottingham.

Back