Manchester and Newcastle

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Im thinking of taking in the media city area of manchester over christmas and possibly the bridges in newcastle as well...Any ideas on where to park in those areas, any tips or other info from anyone who has done the areas like places to go for the best views etc etc...I will try and look at weather and tide times as much as possible to try and get the nice mirror reflections but may end up having to take what i can due to times etc.....Thanks...

If you're mainly going to be shooting on the quayside in Newcastle, you could park near the free trade pub for free and just take a 10 minute stroll along the river. It's very pleasant and you'll walk past the classic view point where millennium bridge arch lines up with the Tyne bridge arch.

If I haven't messed up the link, the spot I mean is roughly here.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...1e4412030d31f62!8m2!3d54.9710417!4d-1.5905604

It gets you this sort of view.

panorama bridges by G.A.D, on Flickr

You can then keep strolling along to get a bit closer to the bridges or walk over the millennium bridge to get something from the other side. The large car park outside the Sage is also an option for parking if you want a shorter walk. Pay and display though.

Yeah for media city just use the lowry car park. Just keep an eye out for over eager security. Stay out rhe way of the main puplic areas with a tripod.

Im thinking of taking in the media city area of manchester over christmas and possibly the bridges in newcastle as well...Any ideas on where to park in those areas, any tips or other info from anyone who has done the areas like places to go for the best views etc etc...I will try and look at weather and tide times as much as possible to try and get the nice mirror reflections but may end up having to take what i can due to times etc.....Thanks...

in manchester park in the large lowry shopping centre car park....when i was there you can get 4 hours free if you get your ticket validated...costa will do it for a coffee and a bun...or other food outlets
then you have loads of time to do the docks and the war museum, the lowry exhibition centre.
grab a lunchtime chinese...eat all you want at the buffett near the front of the lowry on the terrace
the bridge over the canal is interesting...you may get it when it has been raised for a ship....they still come up from liverpool

I'm informed that the 4 hours free doesn't apply anymore :(

Not experienced it first hand though.

that is an illegitimate..mate
i suppose the next thing is to street park and take the tram
thanks G

fettlin'

is it that it is an illegitimate...not with married parents...a b*****d
or that street parking and the tram is not clear to you chaps
:rolleyes:

Ah, I get you now, if you'd said "illegitimate child" it might have been easier to realise you meant b*****d ;).

Oh I see now :) yes it's a right kick in the cobblers.

In fairness, it's not the most expensive car park in the world. It's more a point of principle!

i agree...you can spend a lot more on gear in there than on a cinema ticket...and food
why they changed it i dont know...they could have put a level to which you spend...
mind you i could get mine validated just for a costa and a cake...
we lived in irlam so took the tram most times
cheers
geof

Ah, I get you now, if you'd said "illegitimate child" it might have been easier to realise you meant b*****d ;).
should have been more clearly about that...how about out of wedlock progeny
oowp...wowcha!!!

I know this post is a few weeks old, but not sure if the OP went to Media city in Manchester, when I went to take a few pictures,
I parked at the lowry shopping centre car park, nice and easy to find, and cost me £3 for 3 hours.

October 02, 2016-0054.jpg October 02, 2016-0050-2.jpg

Back