Manchester Art Gallery

Edit My Images
Yes
Apologies if this (or something similar) has been posted before - used the search engine, but didn't go back too far.

Anyway, Mrs Lawsyd & I have just returned from Manchester Art Gallery (on Moseley Street) where we go every Easter Sunday to 're-enact' our first date. This year there is a photographic exhibition of work by some very talented photographers and that is curated by Martin Parr. All I can say is that - in equal measures - the exhibition both inspired me (to work harder at my hobby) & made me want to give up now (their standard is so high, is there any point in carrying on at even an amateur level).

If you live in Greater Manchester, or are visiting the city any time soon, get down to the exhibition while you can. It won't cost you a penny (though there is a donations box in the entrance hall of the gallery). You won't be disappointed - honestly.

Last edited:
Apologies if this (or something similar) has been posted before - used the search engine, but didn't go back too far.

Anyway, Mrs Lawsyd & I have just returned from Manchester Art Gallery (on Whitworth Street) where we go every Easter Sunday to 're-enact' our first date. This year there is a photographic exhibition of work by some very talented photographers and that is curated by Martin Parr. All I can say is that - in equal measures - the exhibition both inspired me (to work harder at my hobby) & made me want to give up now (their standard is so high, is there any point in carrying on at even an amateur level).

If you live in Greater Manchester, or are visiting the city any time soon, get down to the exhibition while you can. It won't cost you a penny (though there is a donations box in the entrance hall of the gallery). You won't be disappointed - honestly.

i agree...it doesnt hurt to pop a fiver in the box as there is a wealth of art to look at as well in other parts of the building
lived there 2004-12..erm..not in the actual building...in irlam
cheers
geof

There's the LPOTY exhibition on in Piccadilly train station at the moment too with all winning images displaying.

Back