Manchester des-res

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Don't usually do urban shots - or selective colouring - so this is a bit different for me.....

Was looking through some shots from last year and thought this kinda worked.

Canalside Apartments by krisstiffer, on Flickr

I really like your composition/subject matter, high end apartments being advertised with some old fly tipped waste in front of it :LOL:

I think the B&W treatment might need a bit of work though, it looks a bit too flat

How was the B&W done, was it just by reducing saturation?

If you have access to Lightroom have a look at some of the presets within there for B&W treatment

I really like this, great juxtapostion of the advert and the fly tipping. For me it begs to be all in colour. I think that would give it motre of an 'in your face grittyness'.

Thanks for the feedback chaps!

Rich - yep you're right - was a quick and dirty desaturation - guess it shows!! Don't have Lightroom but when I get chance at the weekend I'll do a mono conversion in DPP and see if I can get a better B&W component and then combine the two images - will repost the results if it's a success :)

Adrian - will have a play with the colours - guess I was just looking at the selective colouring from the off...... Tunnel vision maybe - will have a play and repost.

Roll on the weekend - pity works gets in the way of the fun stuff :D!!

Back