Manchester Graffiti

Those are some great graffiti going on there, glad to see its artwork not just idiots with a can :)

They are brilliant :) Love the last one .... got a few of these in Blackpool as well so may have to look at getting some of them :)

Those are some great graffiti going on there, glad to see its artwork not just idiots with a can :)

There are some really talented artists, most of these use spray cans :D - the quality of their work is fantastic and its ever changing, just a shame to cover it over with new work, but it just seems to get better and better - thanks for commenting :)

There are some really talented artists, most of these use spray cans :D - the quality of their work is fantastic and its ever changing, just a shame to cover it over with new work, but it just seems to get better and better - thanks for commenting :)

You misunderstood my point, I know they use cans, but I was meaning its not just someone sticking a gang branding on a wall with said cans.

I have a bit of a thing for graffiti (or street art as it otherwise known), the Northern Quarter in Manchester has plenty, there are some really talented artists out there :cool:

These are great (y)
I recently took some photos of similar art in Freemantle, whilst on holiday.
I must make the effort to post them up.

Can you be more specific as to where these are located in Manchester?
I am there in a few weeks and would love to find them.

These are great (y)
I recently took some photos of similar art in Freemantle, whilst on holiday.
I must make the effort to post them up.

Can you be more specific as to where these are located in Manchester?
I am there in a few weeks and would love to find them.

Hi Andrew,

These were all taken around the Northern Quarter of the city, if you are going to have a wander around then I would suggest you start around Stevenson Square (most of these were taken either at or very close to that location), happy hunting (y)

Hi Andrew,

These were all taken around the Northern Quarter of the city, if you are going to have a wander around then I would suggest you start around Stevenson Square (most of these were taken either at or very close to that location), happy hunting (y)

Thanks for that. I will have a good look around at the end of February (y)

Thanks Carol, the last one was painted by Alice Pasquini, she travels the worlds major cities adding her artwork to the fabric of the city - she is extremely talented (y)

Now I can see she, and indeed all of the above artists, are extremely talented and this is going to get me slammed, however, do they gain permission to create thier pieces? If no permission has been sought or granted, then although thier work may be excellent, they aren't "adding to the fabric", they're defacing someone elses property. I'm sorry if that is grumpy, but whether it's a wonderful scene or a tag, uninvited it's all just grafitti IMO. :shrug:

Oh and incidentally, I think you've captured the scenes very well :)

I was out shooting whilst the ape & elephant were getting painted.

some great work around the northern quarter

Now I can see she, and indeed all of the above artists, are extremely talented and this is going to get me slammed, however, do they gain permission to create thier pieces? If no permission has been sought or granted, then although thier work may be excellent, they aren't "adding to the fabric", they're defacing someone elses property. I'm sorry if that is grumpy, but whether it's a wonderful scene or a tag, uninvited it's all just grafitti IMO. :shrug:

Much of the work is sponsored by businesses (metal shutters over windows etc..) the Elephant & Tooled Up Gorilla are on walls that used to lead down to public toilets in Stevenson Square, it is these walls that seem to attract the most change (all with Manchester City Council's knowledge and dare I say it blessing...).

A couple of gable ends for your persual;

6938685001_5c7328402a.jpg

6795501822_a0732af63e.jpg

Back