Manchester Protest march

Edit My Images
No

Took this last week at the Manchester Protest march. Thoughts? There's a few more on my Flickr...

Don't know what you were trying to achieve and cannot really go into my thoughts as forum :rules: say so, but from a strictly photographic view point, the sky is totally blown or is that just Manchester grey :naughty: :exit:

Matt
MWHCVT

Don't know what you were trying to achieve and cannot really go into my thoughts as forum :rules: say so, but from a strictly photographic view point, the sky is totally blown or is that just Manchester grey :naughty: :exit:

Matt
MWHCVT

Not actually blown, just lots of grey with no contrasting shades, took a look at the histogram and info on the area and it's not quite white.

Considering there are many things you can say of a photograph without breaking the rules, include putting your own interpretation on the image, you've only mildly touched on one area.

Not bad capturing the fist pumping action or whatever gesture it is he's making, otherwise not much to say about it. Blown sky really dosen't matter for this sort of thing imo. I'd maybe crop in slightly closer but thats about it.

Any other good ones from the day that you want to show us?

I think it shows the passion of the protesters well.

Coldeh said:
Not actually blown, just lots of grey with no contrasting shades, took a look at the histogram and info on the area and it's not quite white.

Considering there are many things you can say of a photograph without breaking the rules, include putting your own interpretation on the image, you've only mildly touched on one area.

My general thoughts are I don't like it :shrug: I don't see value of the image, why is he punching the air :thinking: maybe it's just my jaded feelings towards protests and the general behaviour that is attracted to them in the last 12 months

Im sorry, but that is the whitest sky iv'e come across, maybe could of solved it by applying a grad:shrug:.
I dont really get the image, was it an attempt at Street candids?, if so was the guy not actually punching the air but aiming toward the lens being waved in his face:LOL:

In contrast to the others I quite like it - it works. Is it part of a set?

The sky is irrelevant in this shot IMO.

Powerful central image with a couple of characters in the background that could have a thought bubble coming out of their heads saying "What are we supposed to be doing?", "Why are we here". :)

I like that the guy is obviously passionate about the cuts and the punch in the air looks cool although I feel that it would be much better if the rest of the throng didnt seem so sheepish but I rekon that all the right message ingredients are there... dont think that the viewer would be worried about the sky too much if at all!

It wasn't really a bimble around with a camera unfortunately but yeah, a very candid shot. Wound up in the paper with a tighter crop.

Another couple from the day:

The second one could have done with a larger aperture to blur out the woman in the background, if only I would have planned the shot...

Last edited:
In contrast to the others I quite like it - it works. Is it part of a set?

The sky is irrelevant in this shot IMO.

Powerful central image with a couple of characters in the background that could have a thought bubble coming out of their heads saying "What are we supposed to be doing?", "Why are we here". :)

:plus1:

I agree, it's a powerful image. I like the other two as well, it looks like you've done a good job of capturing the spirit of the day.

Back