Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
6917655891_13e77a5cb8_b.jpg
[/url] IMG_1187 by Carlos575, on Flickr[/IMG]

6917697773_5784e21447_b.jpg
[/url] IMG_1276 by Carlos575, on Flickr[/IMG]

I really like the first shot, that building has never looked so good :) I would probably clone out the 3 lights on the second floor up as they seem to stand out compared to the general tone of the image.

I really like the first shot, that building has never looked so good :) I would probably clone out the 3 lights on the second floor up as they seem to stand out compared to the general tone of the image.

good points.
i only bought photoshop yesterday so haven't had a chance to use it.
Well, to be honest after 10 minutes trying to figure it out it's baffled me, so today i took out 2 books on how to use the software!! :thinking:

Both look like quite impressive buildings (y) I find the bus a little bit of a distraction in the second :shrug: but that said a slow shutter speed to show a little blur in the traffic :thinking:

Matt
MWHCVT

Was very difficult to have no vehicles in the shot. It's a really busy street and the Mrs was dragging me around town at the time too!
Hopefully i'll get back on my own without distractions, and a bit of PP know how!:)

good points.
i only bought photoshop yesterday so haven't had a chance to use it.
Well, to be honest after 10 minutes trying to figure it out it's baffled me, so today i took out 2 books on how to use the software!! :thinking:

The full Photoshop software can be a bit daunting at first although once you get the hang of it you find there are very few tools you actually need to use/master. Also if you use it for RAW, the raw editor is very simple to work with.

As well as the books you should check out the Adobe Website they have loads of videos and tutorials on how to do things, it is great for learning. And if you do get stuck with anything feel free to message me, I would be happy help.

(y)

A bit PP will help IMO.
Ive seen some great great close ups of the building in the second shot.

Nice shots - I like the translucent look to this wedge shaped building - I quite like the incidental aspects to the photo such as street lights vehicles etc as they help to give some scale to the building.

Nice shots - I like the translucent look to this wedge shaped building - I quite like the incidental aspects to the photo such as street lights vehicles etc as they help to give some scale to the building.

It's Urbis, i've never actually been inside!
I didn't think much of this pic at first but it's growing on me the more i come back to it.
Here's a front on view i took of it. The Mrs loves this one, although i'm not too sure. It does have a weird/strange look if you're familier with the building

6783762842_ddfab413b9_b.jpg
[/url] IMG_1304 by Carlos575, on Flickr[/IMG]

and just to bragg a bit, here's the view from the Manchester Hiltons executive lounge where we had breakfast! This was on floor 23, would love to get up to floor 47 to take some snaps!

6783781320_2ab3f422ff_b.jpg
[/url] IMG_1207 by Carlos575, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Back