Manchester

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I realise that HDR divides opinion but personally I'm a big fan as long as the colours aren't over saturated.

I took these whilst out and about in Manchester on Friday evening and I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance! :)

7614078204_006e94928e_b.jpg

7614075430_f0c443ffb2_b.jpg

7614072870_5b995f5653_b.jpg

7622464076_0419df1217_b.jpg

2 is the best...and i like the soft effect too
there is a lot going on in the shot which makes it busy and interesting
cheers
geof

I realise that HDR divides opinion but personally I'm a big fan as long as the colours aren't over saturated.

I agree, although I do have a tendency to overdo it, just can't help myself! Loving number 2, it has a '28 days later' look about it, nice work (y)

I agree, although I do have a tendency to overdo it, just can't help myself! Loving number 2, it has a '28 days later' look about it, nice work (y)

Cheers, a few of my friends have said it looks 'apocalyptic'. The sunset added to the drama as it dipped over the horizon!

They definitely have the apocalyptic vibe. Particularly number 3, though if you could clone the people out that would make it even more desolate.

If you don't mind me asking, were they taken from the top of the Arndale car park?

They definitely have the apocalyptic vibe. Particularly number 3, though if you could clone the people out that would make it even more desolate.

If you don't mind me asking, were they taken from the top of the Arndale car park?

Yes, taken from the top floor of the Arndale car park.

I quite like these -HDR'd & gritty and as said a post apocalyptic feel :clap:

shame about the perspective on the left builing

Les (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the second shot, but the first feels a bit flat for my taste. Maybe drop the luminance a touch in the HDR processing?

Number 2 my favourite. Great sunset. Like the contrast between grey unsaturated buildings and red brick old building in the bottom right quadrant

Back