Manchester

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I went once on business for a day trip about 10 years ago. I'm co-presenting a course there in about 10 days and am looking for photo inspiration please but it'll have to be evening city shots etc. Flying up there as Virgin Trains would take 6 and half ******* hours. Oh yes.

Cheers :)

Salford Quays is a good start for architecture and the odd people shot.

It all depends on how much time you have.

Piccadilly if you want some seedy shots - on second thoughts maybe not. So I would plump for Chinatown - it's central and will be well lit with plenty of colour.

I don't know if the CIS building still has a viewing floor but that would give you some good aerials. Have a nice evening.

regards

i'm in manchester now, got a wireless connection in my hotel room i have no idea how though, just fired up my lappy and was told there was a network available lol. Today, i've been around the manchester eye and outside urbis taking photo's, i'll be around there again tonight for some night shots, may go to china town. Tomorrow, i'm gonna have a look around salford quays i think but hoping the weather improves as a grey sky is never ideal really.
You could also hop on a train into stockport and shoot the big viaduct and theres some old cobbly streets for inspiration.
I'll have my shots available on wednesday sometime - keep an eye outin the photo forum.

Most modern Lappy's have wi-fi enabled as default - and most hotels have a wireless LAN for guests to log onto for free. Easier than faffing with leads and phone sockets and endless calls to reception about pop and smtp server names etc.

Arkady said:
Most modern Lappy's have wi-fi enabled as default - and most hotels have a wireless LAN for guests to log onto for free. Easier than faffing with leads and phone sockets and endless calls to reception about pop and smtp server names etc.

They do indeed - although the last two I have been to have charged for the privilege ! Although only a couple of quid or so ... maybe I change hotels next time !

i figured out, i looked outside my hotel room and noticed a big 3COM wireless router stuck to the ceiling lol.
Anyway, i'm back home now, weather has been crap and on the day i leave, the weather is really nice :/ typical eh!!!
i'll sort out my photo's tomorrow and post some coz i'm watching football in a minute :)

Back