North England Manchester

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
Yes
Going to Manchester for a night and 2 days - can any natives recommend the best thing to see in a short time ?

Won't be taking a camera but will have my iPhone.

Salford Quays is the only place I know I want to visit !

thanks in advance :)

Castlefields, John Rylands Library

Library and Art Gallery are quite cool

Dishoom for breakfast

+1 on John Rylands, it's fantastic. What an amazing tribute to a lost loved one too!

Royal Courts of Justice is an excellent building too if you like modern architecture.

And the Northern Quarter is also worth a wander for all the graffiti and weirdos!

+1 on John Rylands, it's fantastic. What an amazing tribute to a lost loved one too!

Royal Courts of Justice is an excellent building too if you like modern architecture.

And the Northern Quarter is also worth a wander for all the graffiti and weirdos!

Graffiti is best early in the morning before most of the shops open, as there is a lot on the shutters!

Thanks folks :)

First trip to Manchester (apart from 1 evening) in about 25 years and its a damn fine City (shame about the football teams)

It has a great vibe to it and enough attractive buildings and architecture (old and new) mixed in with the gritty bits to make a thoroughly enjoyable city break !

Thanks for the John Rylands library tip, what an amazing place !!

As a Smiths fan I also visited Salford Lads Club and was treated to a wonderful tour of the Club by a wonderful volunteer :)

Will not be leaving it 25 years before visiting again...

https://thecastlehotel.info/

If you want to see a live band in a pub back room , great atmosphere, until some t*** knocks a pint onto the floor causing the whole audience to turn and look at him, not that I'd know anything about that :D

Last edited:
Back