Manfrotto 055 query

Edit My Images
Yes
I've got an older style Manfrotto 055, which I've removed the lower half of the centre column (it splits in 2 by use of an allen key) but this still leave the smaller bit sticking out. This means I am limited as to how low I can get to the ground - is there any accessory I can use to fix the tripod head to the top of the tripod to enable me to get lower to the ground with this particular model please.

my 055 is a newer version of yours as the centre column is in 1 piece and it came complete with a plastic end cap c/w a 3/8 thread in it ,i just put said end cap in top of tripod in place of the centre column and job done ..

it might be worth talking to these folks to see if you can get similar for yours.

http://www.karlu.com/images/manfrotto_photoSPARES.htm

EDIT [ looking at the diagram & parts list for my tripod ( 055 CL ) the part number is r055.319 but it might not fit yours .

I've got an older style Manfrotto 055, which I've removed the lower half of the centre column (it splits in 2 by use of an allen key) but this still leave the smaller bit sticking out. This means I am limited as to how low I can get to the ground - is there any accessory I can use to fix the tripod head to the top of the tripod to enable me to get lower to the ground with this particular model please.

On mine I just lift out the centre column from the top of the legs, and then stick it up from below, with head still attached. All that has to come off is a rubber cover on the bottom of the centre column.
If you need more advice, try sending me a personal message.
Cheers, (y)

my 055 is a newer version of yours as the centre column is in 1 piece and it came complete with a plastic end cap c/w a 3/8 thread in it ,i just put said end cap in top of tripod in place of the centre column and job done ..

it might be worth talking to these folks to see if you can get similar for yours.

http://www.karlu.com/images/manfrotto_photoSPARES.htm

EDIT [ looking at the diagram & parts list for my tripod ( 055 CL ) the part number is r055.319 but it might not fit yours .

Thanks for this I'm a bit busy at the mo but will have a look at the weekend

On mine I just lift out the centre column from the top of the legs, and then stick it up from below, with head still attached. All that has to come off is a rubber cover on the bottom of the centre column.
If you need more advice, try sending me a personal message.
Cheers, (y)

Many thanks I'll have a play at the weekend & may get back to you if I get stuck !!

Back