Manfrotto 322RC2 Head Help

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Just picked up a Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod with a 322RC head, and currently the camera plate is mounted to the bottom of the head. I want to move the mount to the more usual position on the side of the handle near the ball end but the mounting screw holes are 90 degrees from where I need them. ie if I mount the plate then the camera would be pointing straight down

Any ideas how I can spin the handle through 90 degrees on it's collar so that the mounting holes end up on the top ?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1543.JPG
    IMG_1543.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 20
I have the plate mounted to the holes on the other side of the handle to that shown in your photo. That allows me to drive the head with my left hand while keeping my finger on the shutter release of the camera. I use the left hand side holes on the plate to allow some clearance for my fat fingers when using an FF body mounted on the tripod rather than a CSC and a telephoto's tripod foot!

DSCF4841.JPG DSCF4842.JPG

Thanks Nod, but my issue is that I can't get the handle into a position where I can use either side. If you compare my setup to yours you will see that on mine the trigger is facing down and I want to turn the handle through 90 degrees so that the trigger is horizontal like yours. I'm guessing I need to loosen something so that the handle can pivot within the collar but being new to all this I'm reluctant to start undoing the bolts in case it all springs apart or I break something!

I had a similar issue with my one and nod helped, I just had to use a bit of force to twist it to bring it up to the correct angle whilst holding the lever.

Last edited:
Well I feel a real fool now, just tried again and it twisted round into position with very little effort! Now typing this with a very sheepish look on my face :oops: :$

Thanks Nod and Kev for taking the time to reply

Jim,

Don't worry I was the same, thanks to Nod I got it sorted. Saying that I have not used it much...

Back