Manfrotto 410 & R6 / R5 combo users?

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
I used my R6 in place of 5D3 on a couple of occasions and can't stop but notice a lot of shaky tripod, or a few pixels moved images. On closer inspection the camera wobbles on the plate
And the plate is quite recent, in great condition. 5D-whatever sit rock solid on them.

1. If you have R6 is your experience the same, ie. they are not suitable for this head or basically for tripod unless with remote?

2. Is R5 any more stable.

I.e. is it rubbish plastic build of R6 or the kiddie toy size doing it?

P.S. I need 410 head for all my work. 405 is alternative, same plate.

Thanks.

Your description makes wonder if the R6 tripod socket is shorter than the 5D3 one.

In other words the reason the plate wobbles is because when the screw is fully in(tight?) the plate is not fully against the body.

Obviously not a good idea to try to make tighter because you could damage the body socket.

Perhaps some thin cork or rubber added to the plate to 'fill the gap ' when mounted to the body???

Your description makes wonder if the R6 tripod socket is shorter than the 5D3 one.

In other words the reason the plate wobbles is because when the screw is fully in(tight?) the plate is not fully against the body.

Obviously not a good idea to try to make tighter because you could damage the body socket.

Perhaps some thin cork or rubber added to the plate to 'fill the gap ' when mounted to the body???
actually the screw feels pretty tight. The camera bottom footprint on R6 is really very small in comparison. Maybe it is to do with the screw hole being too close to the mount edge; so the plate sort of pivots around that line and you get quite noticeable down and back up movement with a longer lens such as 135ART or 16-35mm III. 70-200mm has the foot so it is fine. Camera is all cheap plastic, plate has rubber backing so looks like a recipe for disaster in combination.

I wonder if L bracket or a grip would make it any more stable or worse. Probably best just to stick with tried and trusted DSLRs for tripod work.

Back