Manfrotto 701HDV video head for photography?

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I'm looking at doing a timelapse photo soon and wondering if my Manfrotto 701HDV will be up to the job?

I've noticed that I can't truly lock it off - I get the feeling if a bit of wind was to come it would shake the camera.

Does anyone have any opinions on this, and/or a nice cheap(ish) photography head (ideally Manfrotto).

Cheers (y)

If its for timelapse, and you're not moving the camera, just any stills tripod will do. Heavier the better.

Hi,

I'm looking at doing a timelapse photo soon and wondering if my Manfrotto 701HDV will be up to the job?

I've noticed that I can't truly lock it off - I get the feeling if a bit of wind was to come it would shake the camera.

Does anyone have any opinions on this, and/or a nice cheap(ish) photography head (ideally Manfrotto).

Cheers (y)

I used the 701HDV head whilst I was away travelling in Asia as I needed something to use for stills and video. I used it for timelapse and 30sec+ exposures and if you tighten it as much as possible it won't budge. (y)

I used the 701HDV head whilst I was away travelling in Asia as I needed something to use for stills and video. I used it for timelapse and 30sec+ exposures and if you tighten it as much as possible it won't budge. (y)

Sweet, saved me some money! (y)

i have 701 head on giottos leg (similar to xprob) and i use it for ALOT of long exposures, and never had an issue with it, last night i was shooting to sky hoping to get the metoers (didnt happen) and even straight up with the 5D3 on it, at strange angles, doesnt shift ;-)

i abuse my tripod and head, have it over bridges, in water, etc and it copes really well, this was the other day in a wet wales...
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/46450_4961601317253_1777616290_n.jpg

Back