Manfrotto L bracket

Name
Pamela
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone use this with a small dslr like the Nikon D5500 ? Any good ? And do find it a reasonable fit ? (apart from the 320g weight )

Does anyone use this with a small dslr like the Nikon D5500 ? Any good ? And do find it a reasonable fit ? (apart from the 320g weight )

Just about the only virtue of the Manfrotto L-bracket is it's compatible with their RC2 quick-release system. Otherwise, it's a costly and clunky thing.

If you have a Manfrotto RC2-type tripod head it's worth considering, but there are many cheaper and better options that use the preferred Arca-Swiss quick-release system common to most tripod heads these days. It's easy to convert RC2 heads to Arca-Swiss if needs be. Just put 'L bracket for Nikon D5500' into the eBay search bar. Some of the cheaper options there are so-called universal L-brackets for just about any camera, but check access to connections around the left hand end. If you can find a custom L-bracket specifically for your camera that should be better.

Just about the only virtue of the Manfrotto L-bracket is it's compatible with their RC2 quick-release system. Otherwise, it's a costly and clunky thing.

If you have a Manfrotto RC2-type tripod head it's worth considering, but there are many cheaper and better options that use the preferred Arca-Swiss quick-release system common to most tripod heads these days. It's easy to convert RC2 heads to Arca-Swiss if needs be. Just put 'L bracket for Nikon D5500' into the eBay search bar. Some of the cheaper options there are so-called universal L-brackets for just about any camera, but check access to connections around the left hand end. If you can find a custom L-bracket specifically for your camera that should be better.

Thank-you Hoppy Uk [emoji3]I have decided against the clunky Manfrotto version and ordered a 3 Legged Thing L bracket to go with my existing Haoge converter kit (Manfrotto to Arca Swiss)

Back