Manfrotto Long Strap: MN102 or MN440?

Sorry, I can't help as I only use the short 402, which I use with an older 190 and find excellent. The strap really grips my shoulder and makes carrying the tripod very comfortable. It doesn't grip so well on nylon type jackets though.

all I found while trying to find the same thing
The Manfrotto 102 strap is a basic but convenient way to carry your tripod around. The length can be adjusted between 80cm and 185cm to suit your height and the size of the tripod being transported. It has a spring clip that fastens quickly to the steel ring on the shoulder of the tripod, and a closed loop that goes around the feet of the tripod which tightens to grip them securely. Featuring an adaptor for compatibility with all Manfrotto tripods and rubberised fabric for comfort and to avoid...

and

Manfrotto MN-440 Lightweight Carrying Strap for Tripods Height 4.0 cm Weight 0.1350 kg Colour Black Minimum Length 800 mm Maximum Length 1850

doesnt help really does it.. looks like one is black, the other is grey !?!

thanks guy
whta I found is "The 102 strap is a basic but convenient way to carry your tripod. Features an adapter for compatibility with all Manfrotto tripods."
"the 440 same as the 102, but made with a narrower black rubberised fabric (40mm width instead of 50mm)."
"The short 402 is a simple loop strap with a single clip that attaches quickly to the steel ring at the shoulder of your tripod. Strap is in grey rubberised fabric to stop the tripod slipping on your shoulder"

Is the short confortable?
many said to be happy with the rubberised strap. 402 and 440 are like that, the 102 maybe not

I just use my old camera strap - fastened through the attachment point at the top of the tripod, then attched the strap around the plastic locks bit on one of the legs to stop it sliding about.

I find it works great, I was thinking of buying a proper one which fastened around the tripod legs to keep them closed, but I find this works so well I can't justify spending the money on something to effectively do the same job!

thanks guy
whta I found is "The 102 strap is a basic but convenient way to carry your tripod. Features an adapter for compatibility with all Manfrotto tripods."
"the 440 same as the 102, but made with a narrower black rubberised fabric (40mm width instead of 50mm)."
"The short 402 is a simple loop strap with a single clip that attaches quickly to the steel ring at the shoulder of your tripod. Strap is in grey rubberised fabric to stop the tripod slipping on your shoulder"

Is the short confortable?
many said to be happy with the rubberised strap. 402 and 440 are like that, the 102 maybe not

It is not stated everywhere, but the 102 seems to be rubberized as well

So the only difference should be 40 cm vs. 50 cm width.
I'll go for the 102 as if it is wider should fit more comfortably.

Finally I bought the mn102 (on Amazon the cheapest I found). Can't still find the best way to wear it, but it is another product great quality by Manfrotto

Back