Manfrotto Lumie or similar

Edit My Images
No
Does anyone have experience with the Manfrotto Lumie series? I can't find a lot of user feedback on the web which to me means either A: everyone who's bought them is busy happily shooting with them or B: nobody's bought them. ;)

I'm looking at them as a possible lighting solution for tabletop setups like food and other smallish still life, possibly the odd fill light for a portrait... very occasionally. I have two strobes but I'd really like some inexpensive constant lights so I can spend more time on composition and styling and less on fussing around with test shots. If not the Manfrottos, are there any other small LEDs suitable for this use that are easy to white balance?

Thanks

Does anyone have experience with the Manfrotto Lumie series? I can't find a lot of user feedback on the web which to me means either A: everyone who's bought them is busy happily shooting with them or B: nobody's bought them. ;)

I'm looking at them as a possible lighting solution for tabletop setups like food and other smallish still life, possibly the odd fill light for a portrait... very occasionally. I have two strobes but I'd really like some inexpensive constant lights so I can spend more time on composition and styling and less on fussing around with test shots. If not the Manfrottos, are there any other small LEDs suitable for this use that are easy to white balance?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure @sunnyside_up has some.

Yup, I have some... two of the 'Muse' heads... love them loads. I've got a small flickr album here of images I've taken with them. I can't fault them, rechargeable too via usb and you can get filters for them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bbpicturemaker/albums/72157652223489096

@sunnyside_up Thanks — great shots. I'm thinking about picking up a Muse and an Art to have a play with. Do you use the filters at all?

and thanks @juggler for pointing me in the right direction!
Thanks! I tend to use the diffuser more than anything, but have also used some of the coloured gels on occasion. I think they're fab for food photography and macro, although I've seen them being used for portraits (bit of added fill or enhancement, and this is where I've seen the gels come into play as well). They have three different power settings, and the charge lasts a considerable amount of time and don't take long to charge on usb either. I really can't say enough about them, really sturdy little units as well, and small and light enough to carry around with you in your back pocket. :)

Back