Beginner Manfrotto pixi or pedco Ultrapod II

Name
jason
Edit My Images
Yes
I want a little table top type tripod to use both Indoors and outdoors on the beach/rocks/ground etc. Ive been looking at the Manfrotto Pixi and the Pedco Ultrapod ii. Can anyone give a user review from personal experience or throw any other options into the mix? Im only an amateur and would be using it with a Nikon D3200, Kit lens or 55-200 lens.
Im also confused with the Pixi as Amazon list 2 different types. A standard Pixi at about £15 and a Pixi 2 section at about £44.
What do people recommend?
Be gentle, this is my first post.
Ta.

I took a standard Pixi (didn't know there was a longer version!) to Florida a few weeks ago and it was excellent. I didn't want to take anything larger because I wasn't planning on a lot of long exposure time but managed to grab some shots I couldn't have done handheld. When I wasn't using it, the Pixi took up a tiny amount of space in my rucksack and the ballhead is pretty solid when locked but easy to adjust with one hand.

I was shooting with my Sony A6000 and Samyang 12mm.

Pixi Evo will allow you to use a heavier camera/lens combo, has a more secure ball joint, and far easier to screw to the bottom of your camera as uses a counter dial. Also, as you said, the legs extend upwards but also you can give them a wider spread, enabling your camera to get lower. I have both, I use one for Lumies, the Evo for my camer (with a macro lens mounted).
Can't comment on the other.. Sorry.

Back