Manfrotto Pro Light Camera Backpack: 3N1-25 PL

Edit My Images
No
Does anyone have this bag?

After buying the Think Tank Streetwalker & finding that I couldn't fit my camera, I'm trying to take some more care in finding the right backpack for me.

The Manfrotto looks interesting to me, but I wondered what cameras & lenses other togs can fit in it?

I have the older version, the kata 3n1-25 PL. What are you trying to fit in the bag ? It took my 5d2 with 100 macro or 24-70L 2.8 fitted, a flash or ringflash and spare lens in the bottom part and oither stuff (sony rx100 and misc accessories) in the top.

I also have a Kata 3n1-35 PL, and it seems a much more useful size than the 25.

Thanks, I believe that the Kata is much the same apart from the internal dividers.

I will be trying to fit a Nikon D810 (no grip) + plus either a future prime kit, a future zoom kit, or a future wildlife kit. Therefore:
Prime kit: D810 + 24mm f1.4, 58mm f1.4, 85mm f1.4, 105mm f2.8
Zoom kit: D810 + 24-70mm f2.8, 70-200 f2.8
Wildlife kit: D810 + 300mm f4 + various t/cs.

Currently, I'd just like to be able to carry my D810 + 58mm f1.4, 105mm f2.8, 24-120mm f4.

I'd be very interested in your thoughts.

The 70-200 and 300mm won't fit in the 3n1-25 PL when fitted to the camera but I reckon the other lenses would probably be OK. To my mind the 25's too narrow.

I've linked a couple of pics below showing comparative sizes. The 3n1-25PL is on the right and the 3n1-35 PL on the left. My 7D with Tamron 70-200VC 2.8 is sitting on top to give an idea of width, as you can see it fits in the 35 but is way too big for the smaller bag. All taken quickly on camera phone but should give an idea.

Kata3n1-25-35-1.jpg

Kata3n1-25-35-2.jpg

Very useful, thank you very much!

How do you find the camera fits in the side opening? I've read some people have issues there?

I haven't had any issues with the side opening when I've used either bag.

Thanks Stuart. I've just noticed that your camera is an APS-C? Do you think a slightly larger camera could have issues?

7D: 148.2 x 110.7 x 73.5mm
D810: 146 x 123 x 81.5mm

So although a little less wide, the D810 is a little taller by about 12mm.

Last edited:
I think I have a 20 one, can use with a gripped a77

only issue with side access is its like usb... Right the third time

Thanks. There's a 20 version? I know where you're coming from with the USB thing, but can you explain how you mean with the bag? Sometimes the camera doesn't fit in?

Thanks Stuart. I've just noticed that your camera is an APS-C? Do you think a slightly larger camera could have issues?

7D: 148.2 x 110.7 x 73.5mm
D810: 146 x 123 x 81.5mm

So although a little less wide, the D810 is a little taller by about 12mm.
I think it would fit OK, however there would be more of a need to get the camera 'straight on' to stop it catching.

I didn't think there was a 3n1-20 PL. There is a 3n1-20 DL that looks to have a similar layout.

Last edited:
Not sure how this one compares but I just noticed it on the Wex website, seems excellent value if it was ever £199.95.

Thanks Simon

Many of the Manfrotto bags were originally designed & sold by Kata. The Kata bags reviewed well, but often fell down on the quality of the internal dividers. Manfrotto bought them out & rebadged the bags, but changed the internal dividers to higher quality - although not in yellow, I think that the Manfrotto versions are supposed to be better.

Thanks. There's a 20 version? I know where you're coming from with the USB thing, but can you explain how you mean with the bag? Sometimes the camera doesn't fit in?

yeah itll be a 3 in 1 20 something, same basic design maybe older.

gripped a77 fits but its sometimes tight, but can do that with 2 mid sized lenses and one on camera

Back