1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bbg404

bbg404

Name:
    Ben
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Morning all I bought my self a little treat the Manfrotto MT055CXPRO4 (4 Section Carbon) as I found with my kit the Befree I was using for travel just wasn't good enough I also have the MT055XPRO3 (3-section Aluminium) and I've just noticed the Carbon has what I though was the only style rubber feet comparted to the Aluminium one having what I thought was the newer rubber feet.

Is this correct?

p.s. Photo to follow.

2. bbg404

bbg404

Name:
    Ben
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  3. Al1944

Al1944

Edit My Images:
    No
    bbg404 likes this.
  4. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've replaced my 3 section carbon 055 Manfrotto rubber feet with spiked feet:-

I think these are the equivalent for your tripod, http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-manfrotto-160spk3-spiked-foot-set/p1032840 rubber section screws up to leave spikes or screws down to cover spikes, best of both worlds (btw you cannot unscrew the rubber section, therefore it doesn't come off and can't be lost!)

5. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic

Name:
    Terry
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    As did I, on my 055XPROB which uses the similar https://www.amazon.co.uk/Manfrotto-204SPK3-Retractable-Rubber-055XPROB/dp/B002BSH2KA

6. Al1944

Al1944

Edit My Images:
    No
    Thought the OP was talking about the differences in the standard feet being different between the aluminium and carbon versions.

bbg404 likes this.
  7. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic

Name:
    Terry
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    He probably was.... but both are horrible. They seem to fit what ever is cheapest as standard, expecting you to upgrade.

Al1944 likes this.
  8. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  9. bbg404

bbg404

Name:
    Ben
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I was just curious if the Carbon id received was an earlier one with having the same feet as my old XPROB

But leg diameter or the fact the newer feet don't work on the carbon......

I may look at upgrading to spikes

10. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    My 3 section CF 055 bought this time last year had similar feet (originally) as your 4 section one.

11. ChrisWXM

ChrisWXM

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    My brand new (had to wait for stock last week) 4 section 055 CX also has the same feet as yours. I think I would prefer them to the ones on the right with the screws in. Looks like they could easily rust and get stuck in place. At least the new ones are easy to swap if needed.

bbg404 and Al1944 like this.