Manhattan T3.R Freeview Recorder

Plain Nev

Vincent Furnier
Name
Neville
Edit My Images
Yes
I suppose there is a reasonable possibility that someone on here might have one of these boxes. I've just bought one, and while I've managed to get it all set up and working I find I cannot record anything. I really am at my wits end. You press the little red button and it should record. Except that it doesn't work and I don't know what I am doing wrong. There's nothing anywhere to explain it. So, I'm hoping some AV Guru here will be able to help me out. Please!

We have one of those. It records fine. Have you got the latest software update? It should install this itself overnight but you can initiate the process manually. Ours is hard wired to the router rather than using a wireless connection but I can't see that this would affect recording. The box does freeze occasionally and needs switching off and on again but apart from that we have had no problems with it.
Sorry I can't think of anything more helpful.

Thanks for the reply Dave. Cooler heads have prevailed, and I've got to the bottom of it. I initially e.mailed their tech department, but didn't get a reply. I phoned them and we went through it. It seems that the hard drive wasn't initialising. So of course I couldn't record anything. I returned it to the store. They don't have any more in stock so I got a refund. Pity, it would have been great if it had worked.

Back