Midlands Mansfield (nottinghamshire) poppy fields

mcodys14

Edit My Images
No
Hi guys i am looking for poppy fields in mansfield, you see some ? :) thanks for any help :)

It's a little early i think but I'd expect to see them where the rape seed has been recently harvested. Go for a drive and keep an eye out.

I see some poppys when i drive from work for that i ask :) ... i will keep eye out :)

Nice to see some one from my area!

Will let you know if i see anything.

@minnnt has this area covered, Tagging him here so he can share some of his in depth knowledge of the area

Used to be a good spot for them along Abbott Road, but it's been ages since I lived that way

Last edited:
You're about 5-6 weeks early dude.

Last year there were a couple of fields on the MARR route up near West Notts Tech and one in Kimberley that I photographed but the compositions were poor. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you though. (y)

I know poppies are out at Bamburgh Castle (seen lots of Twitter photos) and I saw plenty lining the roads in Norfolk last week, definitely not too early to start looking! As mentioned they do seem to grow best in rapeseed fields (but the rape isn't actually harvested until late summer, just the flowers die off)

I've seen patches on them in the fields next to derby road, but nothing major.

Back