Manston Airshow Lancaster

Name
sven
Edit My Images
Yes
As the title says please could you comment to see where I could Improve.

IMG_6766.jpg

IMG_8921.jpg

IMG_8941.jpg

The 3rd picture isn't too bad, it's nicely zoomed in to fill the frame sufficiently. I think you've used too fast a shutter speed though. With a slower shutter speed you'd capture some movement in the propeller and get a little more detail in the dark underside of the aircraft.

Better pics than the 2nd red arrows post, maybe apply a slight crop again on some of the images. Its all about practice, and understanding camera settings, Some people (including me) like to see the props spinning, so a slower shutter speed should be selected, and the jets need a faster shutter speed, adjust your ISO for the lighting conditions. Hope this helps.

The Lancaster is a difficult aircraft to photograph against a bright sky. The matte paint scheme seems to leave little detail or colur under those circumstances.

My solution is to use centre or spot metering to bias the exposure towards the aircraft, or to add a measure of overexposure, about +0.7ev for a start.

This nearly always whitens out the sky, so some post processing may be needed to compensate.

Nice grouping on #2 and good angle on #3.

Ed

Now I take it this is your first attempt at aircraft and especially aircraft with props, you must lower your shutter f1/2000 is not going to get prop blur and its too fast to light the Lanc up when shooting anything in the sky to get any kind of motion then anything above 1/320 will give the same result but a bit lighter but not much I would recommend shooting at 1/250 and f 9 for this but you do need a steady hand

Back